Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@softwareWhen he prescribed a powerful anti-inflammatory for me once, that doctor suggested a half slice of toast would do the foo" job.  I used that in the morning and even sometimes late, too.  Had no stomach problems. 

I can do that!

Maybe even with a schmear of peanut butter!

Honored Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

What has always worked for me is Saltines and a bit of sugar free Ginger Ale. I prefer the Saltine minis, they are easier for me because I don't end up with a " crumb collar" from biting into them. That worked for my husband, too, when he needed something.

Hugs. . .

Or maybe oyster crackers?

Thanks for the suggestion

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

@q-girl wrote:

What has always worked for me is Saltines and a bit of sugar free Ginger Ale. I prefer the Saltine minis, they are easier for me because I don't end up with a " crumb collar" from biting into them. That worked for my husband, too, when he needed something.

Hugs. . .

Or maybe oyster crackers?

Thanks for the suggestion

The oyster crackers didn't work quite as well until I found my generic grocery store brand. The difference was this brand was very lightly salted, similar to the Saltines. I thinks it's the bit of salt that works for me.

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Respected Contributor

Couple of saltine crackers do it for me.

Respected Contributor

Haven't read all the replies, so don't know if someone else suggested this, but I'd get some Lance or Nabisco cheese crackers with cheese or peanut butter. Eating a few of those crackers with the meds should work. They usually come in packages of six small cracker sandwiches, in boxes of several packages. There may be a more healthful variety, unknown to me.

Little 100-calorie bags of crackers or pretzels might also be a solution. So might a handful of almonds or some dried fruit. 

I was trying to think of things that could be eaten on the road.

Respected Contributor

Have you ever tried Bel Vita breakfast crackers? I tried them about a month ago and they are good. They have several flavors, I like the cranberry orange the best. You should check them out.