Honored Contributor

Re: TRYING TO ENCOURAGE PLANT BASED EATING IN A MEAT LOVER

@Catiele wrote:

Oznell so sorry to hear about your husband. Wish I had more answers for you. One thing I do is to drink is V8 Caribbean juice. It contains vegatables and fruits. Lower sugar. I drink it for extra energy. It is an aquired taste. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

It's also a good base for a healthy smoothie.

A frothy, icy smoothie is sometimes easier to tolerate.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I send you and your husband my best wishes for an excellent recovery and healing.

I know any form of cancer is distress multiplied many times, but I do hope that his form is a lesser one, if one can say that about cancer.

You have some good voices here with regard to the WFPB way of eating, @sidsmom in particular.  

My best to you both.  Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

You have some good voices here with regard to the WFPB way of eating, @sidsmom in particular.  

@GingerPeach, you are so sweet for the shout-out, but I’m so tickled pink this way of eating is finally being heard....especially on these boards.  

So many posters who are just as vocal...

@phoenixbrd who has been doing this WOE for such a long time, @QueenDanceALot who has documented her way being totally transparent and @Sweet_Serenity who started the thread, ‘Plant Based News’ where so many ideas can be shared.  Anyone reading this, I would encourage to read their posts & their testimonies to learn about this amazing lifestyle. 

Our PB community here is definitely gaining strength, not because it’s a trend but because it’s a necessity. Going to the doctor & leaving with a life-changing diagnosis is scary. Medical knowledge & medication definitely has its place, but we forget the foundational element of health...nutrition.  No matter where one is on the path of health, nutrition gives you back that control doctors & medication can’t give you...gives you the armor to fight the good fight!

🌼💛

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Twenty two years ago, Mr Cherry was stricken with this terrible disease. though the goodness of many prayers ,he was healed. He never had to have chem,o or radiation, surgery took care of it

Our fine, and generous, neighbors,  started praying, as soon as they heard the news. It will be my privilege to pass on that kindness to your family. I will offer my communions for the intention of all of you.  If I may be so bold ,I recommend reading, You can if you think you can, by Norman Vincent Peal. It is like a B12 shot for your soul

God bless, and protect all of you.

Your friend ,

Cherry

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

And I would like to add that we also look at the bigger picture of our treatment of animals and the effects of animal agriculture on the planet.

P.S.  And to YOU I say I don't know how long it might have taken me to change my path had I not read your relentless (Cat LOL) and focused points.  I will be forever grateful to you for that.

Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot and @sidsmom and @Oznell and @phoenixbrd

Have you read any of George Monbiot's writings?  He has a site (his name dot com).  His video on "The Day I Became a Vegan" is something you may all appreciate.

In fact, all his entries under his "Food" category are well worth the time.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  If you love Monbiot... you will be passionate about Will Tuttle World Peace Diet.   I recently attended a 4 day workshop of his and I am currently completing training in activism.   I am vegan for the planet, economy, and agriculture farm factory practices, pedagogy, and I am plant based for my physical health. To me, these go hand in hand and are critical.  (If you are attracted to Monbiot...you will adore Emily of Bite Size Vegan).

Yes, you bring up important issues: health/survival for the animals and the planet but I don't want to derail the post as Oznell is asking for specific dietary health for her husband.  I believe healing is a wholistic event and it you are interested in some suggestions, you might want to look at a previous post I made - page 2 Surviving a Midlife Crisis....Any Help? 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://www.veganricha.com/2016/01/aloo-baingan-recipe.html

This recipe is very filling especially when served with some rice and raita.  I substitute a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes for the tomato to make it saucy.  Hubby loves it and doesn't miss meat when I make this. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Gentle {{{hugs}}} to you and your DH.  Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @phoenixbrd

I'll go to the other thread to see more discussion on these folks, and workshops, and more.  

Is your previous post in this thread or the other?