Respected Contributor

Re: TRACE MINERAL/ELECTROLYTE DRINKS

@JeanLouiseFinchthanks so much for your recommendations, I just checked out the PowderVitamin powder and will be ordering some to try!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @JeanLouiseFinch , for the info.  I will check this out on Amazon. Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I use the Gatorade Zero packets twice a day.  I didn't like Propel and tossed out. I also bought LMNT packets on Amazon and that was horrible IMO, so I went right back to Gatorade Zero. 

Respected Contributor

I don't claim to know anything about how many electrolytes are good, etc., but I've been drinking Prime Hydration drinks for a while.  I just noticed that Sam's sells the powder now (they call them "sticks") online so I ordered 2 packs.  Again, it may be terrible for you but just adding to the drink talk.  Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

I use Emergin C when ever I take a diruitic for BP. Not everyday.  

Respected Contributor

DH likes the Immune support sugar-free Propel packets that he mixes with water.

Super Contributor

I use Ultima or Designs for Health Electrolyte Synergy. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I buy Liquid IV when it is on sale at Costco (as it is right now).  I also buy Ultima Replenisher at CVS when I have a coupon, otherwise it's available at Amazon or their website.  I've tried and not liked Nuun and one other that I got from QVC.  Interestingly, I checked my order status to try to remember the brand but I don't see it now.  Anyway, both Liquid IV and Ultima Replenisher are good and come in a variety of flavors. 

@Suzeecat 

Do you think they make a difference for you?  If so, how?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Suzeecat wrote:

I buy Liquid IV when it is on sale at Costco (as it is right now).  I also buy Ultima Replenisher at CVS when I have a coupon, otherwise it's available at Amazon or their website.  I've tried and not liked Nuun and one other that I got from QVC.  Interestingly, I checked my order status to try to remember the brand but I don't see it now.  Anyway, both Liquid IV and Ultima Replenisher are good and come in a variety of flavors. 

@Suzeecat 

Do you think they make a difference for you?  If so, how?

To be honest, I originally started using the electrolyte products because I was getting leg and foot cramps and have to say, they did not help much for that.  I now use these products basically to flavor my water, and hopefully get some added nutrition.  The popular water flavor products like Crystal Lite, Mio, etc. all give me stomach aches, but these products do not, for some reason.  I like a little flavor in my water, it helps me to drink more of it. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat The Liquid IV was on sale at Costco yesterday so I bought a bag.  It's not something I would drink on a daily basis, but more for when I'm out working in the yard.  I also like the idea that I can mix half a packet into less water if I want, or to taste.  

It may not be the best out there, and I'll have to look into the others mentioned here, but it's a start and it was available.  We have excessive heat warnings this week and I do need to get some plants in the ground an mulch spread.  It does concern me that the first two ingredients are Pure Cane Sugar and Dextrose. 

I know what you mean about plain water and how those squirt flavorings bother your stomach. I'm the same way.  I was thinking it may be the citric acid, but these have citric acid in them too and I'm guessing they don't bother you?