Honored Contributor

Staying hydrated is important when you have tinnitus. Dehydration can cause it to seem worse. It has to do with the natural fluid in the inner ear. If that gets dry then the tinnitus gets more intense.

Respected Contributor

I have it too.😩

A constant high pitched sound.  Have had it for years and thankfully, my hearing has not been diminished.  I just try hard to ignore it and I have learned to live with it after all these years.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties   Me too.  Sounds like a siren in the distance and sometimes very close!   

Mine is from head trauma in an auto accident.  No way to cure it!

I find that an N-said helps when it is extra loud.

Esteemed Contributor

I have hearing loss and bad tinnitus that makes many sounds. Most I can ignore, but some are really hard to. I also hear sounds that sound like words and sentences spoken over and over. The worst to ignore is "free shipping and handling!, free shipping and handling! "

😵‍💫 🦻💨🥴😵😬

Honored Contributor

Another here with Tinnitis.   I hate it.  You never have any peace with all that noise going on in your head.

Mine is mostly the really hissing kind of sound.  Last year I saw a recording  with those cicada bugs that they have in some parts of the country.  That's what it sounds like - a million cicadas in my head.

I also have layers of sound.  In the background it constantly sounds like the heat or a/c is running, or the garage door is opening/closing.  That's annoying!

Every now and then I get this one sound, more in the left ear, that sounds like if you took a tiny  metal hammer and kept tapping it on a piece of metal kind of like ping ping ping.  It's usually short-lived.

With any sudden, loud, near my ear, or high-pitched sound, I get the high pitched ringing suddenly but it goes away after a while. So, about 99.99% of the time it's just the cicada sound and the sound of the heater/ac/garage door thing.    Sometimes I even hear sounds that are like some people in the distance talking but you don't hear words.  It's hard to explain because it sounds odd that it sounds like people are talking w/o hearing words, but that's honestly what it sounds like.  

Just don't take in any of the ads you see that say they can make it go away.   They can't.

Every now and then, maybe once in a couple of months or so, I'll have a few hours where the sound is extremely low and that's really nice!  But the rest of the time it's about as loud as if somebody is yelling at me.

Along with that, my hearing is going so I struggle to hear and I really hate that when I'm around people because, often, when you say 'pardon me' and/or 'I have some trouble hearing' they will start YELLING.   I dont' do well with yelling, even though I know they are not yelling AT me.  So, I end up hoping I heard anything important and just move on.

Respected Contributor

Mine sounds like what it sounds like inside your house when you have a hose running outside.  I have a hard time sometimes deciphering which direction a noise is coming from.  I just kind of hear "around" the noises in my head!  When my hearing was checked, it was within the normal range, so i just live with it.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Reading tinnitus threads makes mine worse.  For real, not being sarcastic!  I try not to think about it.

I have noticed that sinus pressure from allergies increases mine.

Frequent Contributor

I stopped drinking diet soda  which has  caffeine in  it and I have been good for a couple of days. maybe  its all im ny head.I heard some people go to a neurologists if things get really bad. what can a neurologists really do for you?

Frequent Contributor
@chickenbutt My nick says it all.
I hear the same sounds you hear.
Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

I have hearing loss and bad tinnitus that makes many sounds. Most I can ignore, but some are really hard to. I also hear sounds that sound like words and sentences spoken over and over. The worst to ignore is "free shipping and handling!, free shipping and handling! "

😵‍💫 🦻💨🥴😵😬

Whewwww.....LOL @1Snickers 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life