Honored Contributor

Re: THIS FRUIT CAN REDUCE BAD CHOLESTEROL

@shoesnbags wrote:

I have a couple of avocados on the kitchen counter right now and a couple in the refrigerator.  We love our avocados!  I grew up eating avocados but discovered avocado toast as an adult and especially love it that way.

@shoesnbags 

I have seen mentions of "avocado toast" in passing but never saw what people actually do to make this .... is it just mashed fresh avocado on toast as a topping, instead of jam ... or something else?  What do you do?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

I have a couple of avocados on the kitchen counter right now and a couple in the refrigerator.  We love our avocados!  I grew up eating avocados but discovered avocado toast as an adult and especially love it that way.

@shoesnbags 

I have seen mentions of "avocado toast" in passing but never saw what people actually do to make this .... is it just mashed fresh avocado on toast as a topping, instead of jam ... or something else?  What do you do?

@Tinkrbl44 

Restaurants can get fancy with avocado toast, but it's really just mashed avocado on toast with a sprinkle of salt.  I cut the ripe avocado in half and remove the pit. Then use a butter knife to scrape the avocado a bit at a time out of its shell and right onto my toast.  It's nice and smooshy that way so there's no need to put it in a separate bowl and mash it.  One less dish to wash.😉

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dancingwoman wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Me no likey avacado. Woman Tongue

Me neither....DW

My friend calls them awfulcados.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 ---Yes--- just mashed them up and slather them on toast--I use a good grainey, seedy bread toasted, but Sunday, DD and I put a poached egg over top, and a thin slice of tomato and that was our breakfast. A pretty healthy fast meal---BTW--I put tabasco on mineWoman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl 

That sounds delicious!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 

@kaydee50 wrote:

Except in a salad, I've never had an avocado and have never bought one.  

When I can afford them, I love avocado toast.  Just spread on toast. Nothing fancy.