Respected Contributor

T25! Anyone doing or did this workout?

I am in my second week nd would love to communicate with anyone that has experienced T25! Shawn T kicks my butt! I like it!
Respected Contributor

Re: T25! Anyone doing or did this workout?

Anyone?
Trusted Contributor

I did 2 rounds of T25 alpha, beta and gamma. It is definitely a good workout. Especially if you are completely insane like me and double up the routines! After doing the Insanity program a few times, 25 minutes felt like cheating. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I'm in the first 2 weeks of the P90X3 series and I do intend to complete the 90 days. I'm doubling up the routines there as well. Again, I just can't get past doing only 30 minutes of exercise...odd, I know.

Tony Horton is much more laid back. He definitely wants you to work your hardest but I do find Shaun to be much more "intense" which I think I prefer.

Which leads me to Insanity Max 30. That will be the next program I tackle after I'm done with the P90X3. After seeing reviews of Insanity Max 30, I'm not sure I'll be doubling up on those routines! Smile

Trusted Contributor

I also forgot to mention that Speed 2.0 Speed Core and Speed 3.0 from T25 are some of my favorite routines on DVD.

When I'm taking a break from doing a complete Beach Body program, I'll throw those routines in with my good old Tae-Bo and Rockin' Body VHS/DVDs.

Respected Contributor

are you at your ideal weight and fitness level? You sound like an animal! And that is a compliment. I am on the second week and really like it. I can commit to the 25 min a day and think I will start doubling up in a few weeks to push myself. Its so darn cold and snowy here in chicago I can't run outside which is my favorite workout. I am hoping that I can lose 20 lbs at the end of the 10 weeks. I have the gamma too so should say at the end of 15 weeks.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 LisaB said:

are you at your ideal weight and fitness level? You sound like an animal! And that is a compliment. I am on the second week and really like it. I can commit to the 25 min a day and think I will start doubling up in a few weeks to push myself. Its so darn cold and snowy here in chicago I can't run outside which is my favorite workout. I am hoping that I can lose 20 lbs at the end of the 10 weeks. I have the gamma too so should say at the end of 15 weeks.

I lost 100+ pounds going into my first round of Insanity 2 years ago, so doing Insanity wasn't about losing any more weight for me. It was about getting stronger and pushing myself harder. The Tae-Bo and kickboxing was becoming too repetitive for me, so I wasn't getting the cardio workout I wanted out of it any more.

I don't know if Insanity was the best to jump into. I cried, felt sick a few times and just absolutely exhausted after each exercise. I so wanted to give up, but it didn't. I really didn't like it to start, now I'm totally into these "extreme" workouts.

So after 2 rounds of Insanity, Shaun came out with T25. I jumped at it and I'm glad I did. My cardio improved greatly (Speed 2.0 and 3.0 are killer!) and it introduced some weights which were new for me. T25 actually improved the tone of my upper body a lot.

I'm liking P90X3 well enough...I'm sure as a I move forward I'll enjoy it more. But I can't wait to try Insanity Max 30!

I really like Shaun T and Tony as they are both very motivational. And when it's -2 degrees outside (Cleveland area here!) and you can't get warm and the last thing you want to is get up from under the blankets to put exercise clothes on and get moving, it helps to have that motivation.

I have not lost more weight doing all these programs, put I have lost inches and I'm pretty happy with my increased endurance and strength. I'm in better shape now at 47 than I was in my early 30s. I think I'll keep doing these as long as I my body will let me!

Respected Contributor

On 2/18/2015 kjohnson said:
On 2/18/2015 LisaB said:

I lost 100+ pounds going into my first round of Insanity 2 years ago, so doing Insanity wasn't about losing any more weight for me. It was about getting stronger and pushing myself harder. The Tae-Bo and kickboxing was becoming too repetitive for me, so I wasn't getting the cardio workout I wanted out of it any more.

I don't know if Insanity was the best to jump into. I cried, felt sick a few times and just absolutely exhausted after each exercise. I so wanted to give up, but it didn't. I really didn't like it to start, now I'm totally into these "extreme" workouts.

So after 2 rounds of Insanity, Shaun came out with T25. I jumped at it and I'm glad I did. My cardio improved greatly (Speed 2.0 and 3.0 are killer!) and it introduced some weights which were new for me. T25 actually improved the tone of my upper body a lot.

I'm liking P90X3 well enough...I'm sure as a I move forward I'll enjoy it more. But I can't wait to try Insanity Max 30!

I really like Shaun T and Tony as they are both very motivational. And when it's -2 degrees outside (Cleveland area here!) and you can't get warm and the last thing you want to is get up from under the blankets to put exercise clothes on and get moving, it helps to have that motivation.

I have not lost more weight doing all these programs, put I have lost inches and I'm pretty happy with my increased endurance and strength. I'm in better shape now at 47 than I was in my early 30s. I think I'll keep doing these as long as I my body will let me!

You go girl! Congrats on all you have accomplished that is wonderful. My endurance is good from running but I so need to work out my upper body so its good to know that you saw inprovement with your upper body doing T25. I will come back in a few weeks and we can talk again about it if you are up for it. Smiley Happy Its nice to talk to people that are in the same mindset.

Trusted Contributor

T25 was my only intro to Shaun T! He is a great motivator & I think its a no excuse program coz it is just 25 mins!

I did 2 rounds of Beta & Gamma since alpha was pretty basic for me. My biggest problems were getting off a plateau(lose the last few lbs to get to my ideal weight) and belly fat. With T25, I overcame both those challenges!

But it also ruined me for longer programs coz I got the same results in 25 mins! I don't know if I ever want to do insanity since it is longer(not sure if I can handle that level of intensity) but would sure try max 30. I want to enjoy a good workout while seeing results & T25 definitely fits the bill for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 LisaB said:

You go girl! Congrats on all you have accomplished that is wonderful. My endurance is good from running but I so need to work out my upper body so its good to know that you saw inprovement with your upper body doing T25. I will come back in a few weeks and we can talk again about it if you are up for it. Smiley Happy Its nice to talk to people that are in the same mindset.

Sure! Let me know who it goes for you. Especially when you get into beta. The first time I did Speed 2.0 all I kept saying was ""you're kidding...sure..ok!""

Gamma has the most weight work...definitely feel the Pyramid every time I do it. Best of luck and I'm sure to be around if you want to talk more later.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 FLGators said:

T25 was my only intro to Shaun T! He is a great motivator & I think its a no excuse program coz it is just 25 mins!

I did 2 rounds of Beta & Gamma since alpha was pretty basic for me. My biggest problems were getting off a plateau(lose the last few lbs to get to my ideal weight) and belly fat. With T25, I overcame both those challenges!

But it also ruined me for longer programs coz I got the same results in 25 mins! I don't know if I ever want to do insanity since it is longer(not sure if I can handle that level of intensity) but would sure try max 30. I want to enjoy a good workout while seeing results & T25 definitely fits the bill for me.

That's why I could never do P90X...when some of the days are pushing 90 minutes! Most Insanity sits around 40 - 50 minutes with the longest being an hour.

Max Plyo is still the hardest routine I've ever done. To be fair I've never done Insanity Asylum. I think there is too much in that that I'd have to mod since I do have a physical disability that affects my right arm.

But I have watched some video on the Insanity Max 30...it's a crazy approach to exercise. Just what I like! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}