Valued Contributor

Re: Suspicious calcium cluster in breast

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I had 12 of 13 calcium microcalcifications arranged in a cluster and removed removed by biopsy. The pattern they made was somewhat suspicious because they were close by each other. They were found on a routine mammogram. I was in my mid 40's then.

The breast surgeon said it was a scar from my breast feeding days some 15 years earlier that had broken up. One microcalcification remains. It was further away.

That was 20 years ago.

A friend had a similar experience. She had a cluster of calcifications. Underwent a bunch of biopsies. It was all pretty frightening, but she was ultimately found to be fine. That was nearly twenty years ago. She never developed cancer. She was told the calcifications were probably the result of breast feeding many years before. 

Trusted Contributor

Thanks again for your replies. I’m not overly concerned. They said the calcification was from breast feeding and disolves from menopsuse. I went through at 55, now 57.
My test is in late Feb so I will update then. (Work around work schedule)
Respected Contributor

@springers wrote:
Thanks again for your replies. I’m not overly concerned. They said the calcification was from breast feeding and disolves from menopsuse. I went through at 55, now 57.
My test is in late Feb so I will update then. (Work around work schedule)

They know it is nothing. You would be be told to move quickly if the medical staff were concerned. I too was able to delay until a teaching break.