Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Even if you live a healthy lifestyle, your numbers could be bad. It's important to have your blood chemistry numbers checked often and take action to do something about them if they aren't good. Makes me wonder if SL was following her doctor's orders and if her numbers were bad.

No @SilleeMee, her physician told her that this is strictly from genetics. There is an interview with her physician and how he told her she has the heart now of a 20 year old. Right before her heart attack she had a complete physical. All was within normal range.

Hi @Trinity11,

First, I hope things are getting better for you. Second, thank you for your kind comments in your other post.

Unless I misunderstood Susan in her interview, she did not have a heart attack. I mentioned in my other post how important it is to find the blockages "before" one suffers a heart attack.

I really hope things are getting better for you as you have several things you are dealing with now. You are a very strong person and with your positivity, it can make a big difference.

My very best to you my friend,

JOhn

Hi @hckynut. Yes, Susan did in fact have a heart attack. When they did the CT scan, she was in the process of having a heart attack. Check out the Today Show /Feb 6 by Drew Weisholz. It states that Susan was whisked to an ER room, where a CT scan revealed she was having a heart attack, often referred to as a "widowmaker". There was a 90% blockage in her heart's main artery and 70 percent blockage in another as well.

Thanks for asking how I am doing. Hanging in there but have never re-gained my prior level of fitness or good health no matter what I do. That's why it is so important to listen to our bodies. I had plenty of symptoms before my first heart attack. I just ignored them and figured I had pulled a muscle in the gym.

Hope you are doing well...

Honored Contributor

People are always SO quick to say,

“it’s genetic’

but then continue to eat a HORRIBLE diet which contributes

to the heart disease!!  Remember Bob Harper?

This is her diet as of July 2018. 

No business eating/drinking diary.

No business eating animal products & byproducts.

No business eating processed oils.

No business drinking alcohol.

ESPECIALLY when she ‘has a history’ of heart disease.

But people will have all sorts of excuses, but food is the

common denominator for everyone for a lifetime

but diet will be the one thing no one will focus on.

‘IT’S THE FOOD’

(Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Neal Barnard, 

Dr. Colin Campbell, Dr. Pam Popper, Dr. Brooke Goldner and

any plant-based doctor on Earth)

462F5E65-08A9-4A96-8322-D22A6DDD4762.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

People are always SO quick to say,

“it’s genetic’

but then continue to eat a HORRIBLE diet which contributes

to the heart disease!!  Remember Bob Harper?

This is her diet as of July 2018. 

No business eating/drinking diary.

No business eating animal products & byproducts.

No business eating processed oils.

No business drinking alcohol.

ESPECIALLY when she ‘has a history’ of heart disease.

But people will have all sorts of excuses, but food is the

common denominator for everyone for a lifetime

but diet will be the one thing no one will focus on.

‘IT’S THE FOOD’

(Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Neal Barnard, 

Dr. Colin Campbell, Dr. Pam Popper, Dr. Brooke Goldner and

any plant-based doctor on Earth)

462F5E65-08A9-4A96-8322-D22A6DDD4762.jpeg

@sidsmom, her physician told her (the same one I have) that she had calcium in her arteries not cholesterol deposits. Dr. S told her 3 times after he placed the stents that she has the heart of a 20 year old. He approved of her diet as he does mine. He publicly stated that her heart disease is from heredity. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Lucci

[ Edited ]

....and it continues.

Bad doctors giving bad advice.

Again, if ‘it’s heredity’, why donkey punch your cardiovascular system

with foods which are known to cause heart disease??

Just because ‘I have it’ isnt An excuse to throw

dietary caution to the wind and eat whatever. 

It doesn’t make sense.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

....and it continues.

@sidsmom This doctor is not a bad Doctor. He is the Head of Cardiology of the renowned St Francis Hospital in Roslyn, N.Y. He does videos on You Tube where he cooks healthy meals. For 12 years in a row St Francis has the best cardiac outcomes. 

Honored Contributor

‘...best cardiac outcomes...’

Ah, they have have heart attacks.

That’s not a good track record.

Embarassed for this doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

It's my understanding that post-menopausal women are at greater risk of heart attack than men, due to hormonal changes which cause less flexibility (more rigidity) in blood vessels.

If it's only about diet, it's amazing that any human creatures still roam the earth.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Something else that she said during an interview I saw which I took to heart (literally) because we all do it. She said she was at the store and was so grateful because it forced her to go to the hospital. 

Had she been at home, she said she probably would have ignored it and gone and lied down.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

‘...best cardiac outcomes...’

Ah, they have have heart attacks.

That’s not a good track record.

Embarassed for this doctor.

@sidsmom You seem to think that eating a plant based diet will completely protect you from having heart disease. I am sure it won't for everyone. When I tried a plant based diet my cholesterol was sky high and I had dangerous triglycerides. My physician was very concerned as the carbohydrate content of the diet caused my A1C to go to a dangerous level....so it does not work for everyone.

I hope if you or a loved one does get heart disease that you are lucky enough to meet a doctor who can save your life. As far as your being embarrassed for this doctor? Sad you are so unable to understand that your way or the highway dietary advice fails many people. 

Honored Contributor

@on the bay  One of the biggest misconceptions doctors say patients have is that they know everything going on in your body after a physical.  They do not. 

A blood test will not detect clogs or clots and neither will a stethoscope unless the heart has been severely compromised and, by that time, the patient probably already has sought treatment for the shortness of breath, swelling, or pain which is what SL did.  

Just goes to show, you know you best.