Honored Contributor

Had chest discomfort twice, ignored it both times. third time was much worse, went to hospital and ended up with 2 stents put in her chest, 2 blockages. so, even someone as fit and tiny as she is can have heart issues. Lesson ot be learned here.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Lucci

[ Edited ]

She may be tiny and fit...but she's also 72 yo.

Honored Contributor

I read somewhere where SL suffered from Afib, sorry to hear she ended up with other heart problems as well. My doctor says a lot of it is heredity, but you can certainly minimize your risk for these diseases with a healthy life style.

Honored Contributor

I was so shocked to read this @Shelbelle. Susan had the same cardiologist that I had who gave me a second chance of living. I had previously had another heart attack and this doctor saved my life as the first failed to fix an area of my left anterior descending artery. He is a genius and I cannot say enough about St. Francis Hospital.

Like Susan I was fit and slender. I had back pain and if not for John Hckynut on this forum, I would have ignored it. John posted about how differently women present with heart disease. His posts here literally saved my life as I had just read them a few weeks before.

Honored Contributor

Even if you live a healthy lifestyle, your numbers could be bad. It's important to have your blood chemistry numbers checked often and take action to do something about them if they aren't good. Makes me wonder if SL was following her doctor's orders and if her numbers were bad.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Even if you live a healthy lifestyle, your numbers could be bad. It's important to have your blood chemistry numbers checked often and take action to do something about them if they aren't good. Makes me wonder if SL was following her doctor's orders and if her numbers were bad.

No @SilleeMee, her physician told her that this is strictly from genetics. There is an interview with her physician and how he told her she has the heart now of a 20 year old. Right before her heart attack she had a complete physical. All was within normal range.

Respected Contributor

Wow....you just never know...I am so glad to hear it all went well and she is doing good.  

Honored Contributor

I hope this is a lesson learned for all of us. It is for me.  Her story will save many women’s lives.

Respected Contributor

Family history can also be a factor.