Honored Contributor

Re: Suppliments for osteoarthtitis in feet?

@willdob3 wrote:

Anti-inflammatory diet - unprocessed foods, no sugar, no grains works well for me. No supplement or prescription drug can come close to helping as much.

@willdob3 

What specifics constitute an "anti-inflammatory diet". I notice you mention "grains/unprocessed foods".  I have how I eat pretty much how I intend to keep eating. Without reading "google" articles, I am just curious as to your take on the above.

As I said in my other post, movement works the best and for sustained periods of time. Understanding that nothing "cures" osteoarthritis, we all just have to find ways to deal. For me, what I eat is what keeps me able to once again maintain my very high physical activity level, in spite of all my near death experiences and serious physical injuries.  

Grains and complex carbs make up the biggest percentage of how I eat, with protein being #2.  I stick with fresh and unprocessed on most everything I eat, but it is not mandatory for me, nor is organic. With organic, to me, it requires me paying more most of the time, and me relying on someone or some company/corp., "saying" it is so. Not convincing enough for me.

Oops, wife just cam home from Pet Sitting job, gotta go!

hckynut

hckynut(john)