Honored Contributor

Re: Supplements that help with energy

@homedecorator wrote:

Do you take any multivitamin or vitamin that you find helps with energy?

@homedecorator,

I don't believe in any supplement gives me energy. If I am deficient in a vitamin or mineral, that is a different story. If not? To me if someone has no energy a blood analysis might be a good place to start.

Some believe that a supplement/protein bar, even coffee give them more energy. Hey, if someone "thinks" a substance gives them more energy, that's a good thing. Tried many things over many decades, and if my fitness level was not good, nothing short of working on that gave me more energy.

Now when I spent years with Anemia and single digit Hemoglobin numbers, whole different story. After a couple bags of blood in a transfusion my energy levels went up within a couple hours after it was finished.

Magic energy potions? Never did anything for me.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

I haven't come across one that helps me with energy, yet, but I will tell you that when I feel particularly tired, I perk up rather significantly after drinking a glass of water.  I think I am in a chronic state of dehydration, because I seldom take the time to just sit down and drink anything; I am constantly on the go, which is not a good thing.

@Jersey Born

Where did you hear, or learn, a person had "to just sit down" to drink? When I worked in 110+° factory if I waited to sit down to drink? Probably keeled over long before sitting down. First time I've heard that one!  Dehydration can reek havoc on a person's body, chronic dehydration even morso.

C'mon now, take time to get fluids into your body will ya? Each human only gets 1 body and drinking fluid is the easy part of health maintenance.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I drink one cup of matcha containing about 5 grams of the 100% pure matcha powder and although it is not considered a supplement, I treat it like it is. This one cup has a unique combination of caffeine and polyphenols (boosts metabolism) that make it what it is. Gives me the mental focus which gets me through my day. One cup in the morning and that's all.

Honored Contributor

I make sure my doctor checks my B12 and Vit D levels regularly; if they start dropping, my energy level bottoms out.   I take B12 daily and Vit D 3x a week per my doctors instructions.  

Super Contributor

I take vitamin D, which I find helpful for overall well being. I do find in the colder months, I have less energy and am more susceptible to colds. I should look for vitamin B12 in my multivitamin. A friend of mine was saying  that ginseng is beneficial for energy and the immune system. I will get my doctor's input before trying it out.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I drink one cup of matcha containing about 5 grams of the 100% pure matcha powder and although it is not considered a supplement, I treat it like it is. This one cup has a unique combination of caffeine and polyphenols (boosts metabolism) that make it what it is. Gives me the mental focus which gets me through my day. One cup in the morning and that's all.

@SilleeMee I want to give it a try, especially with the metabolism boost Smiley Happy!

Super Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Always B-complex in the a.m. and again at noon.

Usually carry some Energy Melts (B-12) in my pocket for extra support in case I need it.

I'm also careful in eating lots of green leaves & protein for lunch so I'm good for the afternoon (w/o caffeine). Foods sometimes can bring on lethargy.

@Harpa I've never heard of the melts. Where do you get those?

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecorator wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

Always B-complex in the a.m. and again at noon.

Usually carry some Energy Melts (B-12) in my pocket for extra support in case I need it.

I'm also careful in eating lots of green leaves & protein for lunch so I'm good for the afternoon (w/o caffeine). Foods sometimes can bring on lethargy.

@Harpa I've never heard of the melts. Where do you get those?

@homedecorator

They are NatureMade VitaMelts fast dissolve Energy (vit. B-12) in the yellow bottle. Can sometimes get them at Wal-Mart. Mostly, I pick them up at Wegmans.

p.s. I agree with the matcha. I drink a cup every a.m.

(I need a lot of mental clarity!)

Honored Contributor

Harpa wrote:

(I need a lot of mental clarity!)

Don't we all?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

If you find a Supplement for that condition, please let me know!