Honored Contributor

Suggestions please for cocyx cushion

This is the cushion I currently use. The cushion flattens out and isn't supportive. I appreciate suggestions of the brand you use and where to find online. Thank youIMG_6899.JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions please for cocyx cushion

I think the best orthopedic cushion is from "Gideon".  It's more expensive than others, think around $70-80, but has almost perfect 5 star reviews on amazon - read them if you think it might be good for you.110486764.jpg  Unfortunately it always sells out.  I was looking for it  but missed it again.  You might want to do a search for it.  good luck. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123, they aren't marketed as specifically with the coccyx cut-out, but a couple of their cushions have one. The next cushion I buy will be one of theirs.

Go to:  https:// onpurple dotcom/seatcushions

to see the varieties & prices. So far, it's been price stopping me on these, but I want one.

IMG_1150.JPGIMG_1151.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123

I have 2 that I have used for almost a year for the wounds on my rear end. They look similar to the one you pictured, but thinner and you could reverse sides. My injuries fit nicely in the opening in the back of them. 

It was a 2 pak when I bought them years ago on hsn, and they were/are more for aligning the spine, I think. They do compress, but I guess it depends on a persons weight how much they compress. I am about 140lbs and I used them working out on my recumbent and NuStep.

Also put them on my recliner and they really helped getting me through some painful rear end problems I have had since last September. I see them online at Target and on "as seen on tv" for $19.99. Miracle Rayon Bamboo Cushion Pillow.

E.T.A.  The opening in the back looks bigger than yours pictured, and it has a strap like handle by the opening.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

******Edited to remove retail link

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000251 EndHTML:000055570 StartFragment:000054563 EndFragment:000055436 StartSelection:000054563 EndSelection:000055436 SourceURL:Amazon.com: Aylio Donut Seat Cushion Comfort Pillow for Hemorrhoids, Prostate, Pregnancy, Post Natal Pain Relief, Surgery: Health & Personal Care

• Aylio Donut Seat Cushion Comfort Pillow for Hemorrhoids, Prostate, Pregnancy, Post Natal Pain Relief, Surgery
  • II have this for back support.  Don't know if this might be what you are looking for.Aylio Donut Seat Cushion Comfort Pillow for Hemorrhoids, Prostate, Pregnancy, Post Natal Pain Relief, Surgery
Honored Contributor

I have 4 of this one from Amazon (work, car and 2 at home):  

PharMeDoc Coccyx Seat Cushion -Sciatica Pillow for Back Pain

Cushion.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN