Honored Contributor

Suggestions please. Diabetic friendly chocolate without

Soy lecithin, gluten, dairy, and common allergens. 

So far I found Montezomas and another small company that uses Stevia. 

Thank you. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Suggestions please. Diabetic friendly chocolate without

Chocoperfection, a product developed by a diabetic lady. just google the name and the site will come up

Valued Contributor

I just cut up an apple and dipped it in Boar's Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo good. It has steamed chickpeas, organic sugar, water, sunflower oil cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt. Sugars is only 6g.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123  Those artificial sweeteners which contain chemicals may cause more problems than a good dark chocolate. Talk with your PCP about the use of an expensive Ghirardelli or other dark chocolate with an 86% (or higher) cocoa content. It may taste bitter or bland due to the lack of white sugar until you become used to it. I eat one or two pieces of dark chocolate daily. Keeps the cravings away and has not hurt my diabetic numbers at all in years. Good luck.

You may want to try a 72% cocoa to become accustomed to the flavor for a week or two. Then move to the 86% or higher. I've found Walgreen's have excellent prices on Ghirardelli midnight reverie (in a deep blue package) 3.17 oz. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

Try searching vegan sugar free chocolate.  Several choices come up.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it is best to mourn what is gone and move on. Rigged solutions don't satisfy.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

I ordered Andrew Lessman 94% Choco Nuevo. 

I think it is devoid of any lecithin; not sure about the sugar content.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Sometimes it is best to mourn what is gone and move on. Rigged solutions don't satisfy.

@Still Raining I agree. If I did eat chocolate as a Type 1 Diabetic for nearly 50 years, I would rather eat real chocolate once a year than all these substitutes that rarely taste or resemble chocolate.

Honored Contributor

Unless you are badly diabetic, there is no reason, on occasion ,you can't have some regular chocolate. You just can't do it everyday ,and eat an entire box. Ask your, Dr if it is OK for you to do this.

When I do allow myself to eat  choc ,made with sugar, I know I can only have  1 portion ,and not everyday

I don't do well with artificial sweeteners, so I don't eat them

If you are looking for a daily treat, I am afraid I can't help you

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining @cherry @Trinity11 @qbetzforreal @LTT1 @BriggsiePeawiggle @BirkiLady

Thank you for your suggestions and help. The chocolate is for my Aunt who is temporarily in a care center since she fell. She rarely asks for anything and I was elated to find some chocolate to send to her. Thanks to all of you, I have helpful information to do so. 

Happy Holidays, 

🦋