Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for products to help post personal needs completed daily

@RedTop: I change his towels and wash cloth several times a day because he has accidents. I have heard him in the bathroom running water and when he comes out praise him for taking his shower early and his reply: nope. T-shirt stained and had to wash it. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@RedTop: I change his towels and wash cloth several times a day because he has accidents. I have heard him in the bathroom running water and when he comes out praise him for taking his shower early and his reply: nope. T-shirt stained and had to wash it. Southern Bee 

Maybe a social worker can help

Wouldn't have to come to the house.

You described the situation very well to us here.

The doctor can help getting you connected to the right  person to assist your DH,

I'm sure there are tools out there to help.

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry you are having this issue as many are as we age.  I have no response as our FIL does not know if he is going to bed or getting up in the morning when he has PJs on.  That is just one example of how confused he gets.  So hard on family members but we pay someone to come in and help a few hours a day (which he did not want at all until he meet her and saw she was young and cute ha ha).  He certainly looks forward to her visits now and now he can't keep up if she has been on a specific day or not and waits impatiently for her all the time.  

I would suggest 2 things.  1. Find a support group to join (which will give you great advice and support   2. Keep insisting to the MD that help is needed at least part time as you can't keep up with him.  (That MD can find a way to get you help if it is through the local Mental Health Department).

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.  

Honored Contributor

@software: Thank you. Interesting and frustrating trying to get the doctors to get on the same understanding and dealing with a proud and strong willed DH. DH finally decided to let someone come weekly to clean house, she was our favorite waitress at a local restaurant, she worked there for 30 years and the exact day of her anniversary, went to work with doors pad locked and notice closed and no prior notice. The next day, she was in Walmart and we asked how we could help? She replied will probably start cleaning houses and DH shouted: Your hired and when can you start. Best blessing for me!

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee.  I went to Amazon and put "memory loss assistant" in the search bar.  I found this gadget which will remind a person to perform certain chores.

Screenshot_20180718-183352.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

How about this:

They are magnets and offer custom options

It is on Etsy 

the shop is TreeSawCrafts

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624: Wow- Thank you. Busy trying to respond to everyone and each suggestions while DH is sleeping. Probably will wait to order next week when get paid, long month and several unexpected expenses. That’s life and I just roll with the next soap opera but hey- never a dull moment. Southern 

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl: That is cute. I probably need one for me. Thank you, Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee, Another thought:   Recipe box, inside picture the size of recipe card or taped onto one.  One card can show bearded guy, another clean shaven. When he does his thing, he can turn that card to a setting up position.  Before bed, lay them on their sides for the next day.

If not magnets for some reason, how about velcro?  

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee you have gotten some great ideas so far.  I would add that an occupational therapist might have some tips on daily living strategies that could solve your problem.  Just a thought.