Honored Contributor

Re: Sugary drinks, including 100% fruit juices, may raise cancer risk

Telling l outright lies to people, in the hopes of making a few bucks , is sick and  dangerous..

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think several posters  here on these forums are just such advocates for their nutrition beliefs they want to share.  It is not hijacking. It is their SHARE  to the conversation. I rather appreciate the posters (unnamed )who have a strong opinion on a nutrition thread.  They are very well versed and walk their talk. I see it as EDUCATION.   

I will have to respectfully disagree with you, this poster is rude and obnoxious and makes it clear that anyone who doesn’t prescribe to their lifestyle is ignorant and doomed to die early because of their diet. Why go into a thread where everyone is mostly like minded about something and proceed to tell everyone their choices are stupid and terrible? I don’t do that to the plant people, even if I cannot understand that lifestyle, why would I? It would serve no point other than to annoy people. We all have researched diets, we all know there are good things about a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle and for whatever reason, some of us don’t choose that. I don’t need anymore “education” from this individual because that’s not what it is. Peace out! 

Respected Contributor

I think we need to start worrying about our environment & the air we breathe. Also........what’s in our water that we drink. Pesticides seeping into the ground. Yes........sugar is not good, but I believe we need to eat everything in moderation and stay away from processed foods.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There was a doctor on the weekend GMA show this morning and she said that study is flawed, it's rubbish.   The results the touted are not causation.  So, all the study is saying is that a certain percentage of people who drink sugary drinks get cancer.  The study doesn't say that the sugar causes cancer.  When it comes to sugar I am not at all worried about cancer.  It's the weight gain and diabetes that worry me.  And the poor nutrition since sugary drinks and foods are empty calories and the crowd out the nutrients I would get from eating healthy foods.