Super Contributor

Re: Sugar and bread are not my friends.

Increasing the protein in your diet will help reduce/eliminate sugar cravings.  A teaspoon of peanut butter, almond butter, or an individual carton of yogurt, or a small serving of walnuts, almonds or pistachios.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Honored Contributor

@TeezNu wrote:

Increasing the protein in your diet will help reduce/eliminate sugar cravings.  A teaspoon of peanut butter, almond butter, or an individual carton of yogurt, or a small serving of walnuts, almonds or pistachios.

When I used to go in restrictive diets in the past, I used to crave peanut butter.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Salt and bread aren't my friends either..... Put a potato chip next to a cookie and I will take the chip!! Not good....and bread...I can eat several slices of fresh Italian bread in a heartbeat!

I slowly cut out bread and I limit myself to the lower salt chips to once a week.....feel so much better....

Put a potato chip next to a cookie near me, and I will put the potato chip on top of the cookie and shove both into my mouth!

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Sugar and bread are NO ones friends. The world would be a better place without either one of any type. Really.

I really doubt the starving little children in other countries would agree with this statement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mima wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Sugar and bread are NO ones friends. The world would be a better place without either one of any type. Really.

I really doubt the starving little children in other countries would agree with this statement.

@mima We are talking about  Fat,  over fed,  out of shape  Americans... not starving little children in other countries.... 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@mima wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@mima We are talking about  Fat,  over fed,  out of shape  Americans... not starving little children in other countries.... 

Note what I bolded in SeaMaiden's post.  She said "the world".  Starving people would love bread and sugar.  It is also OK in moderation.  I eat bread every day (like Oprah LOL) and I am losing on WW. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not a big bread eater.   I throw out more bread than I eat.   Hubby eats bread with meals, the only time I do is with beef stew.   

I do eat stuff with sugar in it tho, but I don't crave it.  Once in awhile I'll want a donut or a candy bar.   I don't keep it or chips in the house.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

Almost the entire Third World relies on bread and rice to survive.  I doubt they ever see any sugar.

Bread and rice all turn to sugar in the bloodstream.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

Almost the entire Third World relies on bread and rice to survive.  I doubt they ever see any sugar.

In  countries that eat white rice as a staple there is more  incidents of stomach cancer.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

In  countries that eat white rice as a staple there is more  incidents of stomach cancer.

Yes and rice contains dangerous levels of arsenic, cadmium, selenium and other toxic substances.