Super Contributor

Re: Stupid Question for women 65+

Yes, that is definitely a problem for all my friends who are retiring. I have pretty much always purchased classic styles, so I can wear most of what I have (both dressy and casual)...so I don't need to add a lot. Do I still want new clothes? Yes! I usually add a couple stylish accessories to update my wardrobe every season and replace whatever is beginning to look worn.

One of my friends has always purchased very faddish styles, so she always has to buy a lot of new clothing or she looks dated.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Super Contributor

Follow your bliss! If it makes you happy, then get the clothes and jewelry you like or want. It might make you be adventurous and prompt you to find places to where them.

We live in flip flops and casual clothes down here. I've either given away most of my "work" clothes and jewelry, or sold them on ebay. I never want to get dressed up for anything again. If something came up where I needed an outfit, I would buy something new as most of what would be hanging in my closet would be out of style or not fit anyway.

Honored Contributor

Count me in as 70+ and still wanting nice jackets, etc. Sad thing is I don't go out that much, but when I do I want to look nice. My closets have way too many items so I vow to cut back this year. I've given away or donated a lot the past few years, but everything I kept fits and is wearable.

Esteemed Contributor

My last job I had for apx 23yrs, dress was extremely casual - I had to learn to dress down. We wore sweatshirts, jeans, shorts and tees. Once you get used to it, it's a hard habit to break. I still go very casual and now, not very good/comfortable "dressing up" anymore. Guess it's whatever floats your boat...

Super Contributor

We all have our "addictions". Mine is outerwear. Jackets, coats, sweaters and especially rainwear. I always look prepared, if not fashionably put together. It's putting the inner and outer together that stymies me. Joan Rivers made it look easy. A gift!