Honored Contributor

Re: Struggling with self esteem issues during weight loss journey.

@Trudey, What a wonderful job you've done.  You may be obsessing on "what do I do next for me", but guess what, there is no deadline on when all this needs to be done. Little steps and it'll all come together, maybe even sooner rather than later. Keep up the good work. 

I'm guessing but for myself, watching what my diet is like (not a diet) but what I eat, will go on for me till the end.  Guess it's my second job, that keeps going on and on.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@Trudey, What a wonderful job you've done.  You may be obsessing on "what do I do next for me", but guess what, there is no deadline on when all this needs to be done. Little steps and it'll all come together, maybe even sooner rather than later. Keep up the good work. 

I'm guessing but for myself, watching what my diet is like (not a diet) but what I eat, will go on for me till the end.  Guess it's my second job, that keeps going on and on.

@qualitygal Thank you!  Your comment about a second job is so true.  My Doctor told me that she always felt that she had three jobs:  being a doctor, the things she had to do at home and trying to lose weight.  I'm so thankful to have a doctor who gets it.

Valued Contributor

@Trudey, YES!!  You should be incredibly proud of your health journey and celebrating big time!  Your doctor is right. You've done an extraordinary thing. What an incredible gift to yourself! 

Honored Contributor

@Trudey, could one reason be that people are telling you you look great and that makes you uncomfortable?  Weight loss is something you did for yourself, and when others draw attention to it, anxiety might develop when you start to feel you are doing it for them.