Respected Contributor

Wishing you and your loved one all the best, @qualitygal . I won't presume to opine on strokes/treatments/therapies.  Just want to remind you to take care of yourself during this time, both for your sake and his.  Rest, eat well, walk, exercise. And be very judicious about the time you spend online, googling symptoms, treatments, etc.  You can work yourself into a frenzy that way, with nothing to show for it afterwards except stress and strain. Focus on quality websites and resist the temptation to compare other cases and outcomes to his particular situation. You are much more in control than you think you are.

Most importantly, my prayers go out to you. As your friends here have said, let us know how you're doing.

Honored Contributor

While I'm here: please put your passwords and pin #'s somewhere where someone trying to help you out in case of a stroke, has a chance to do that.  It's super frustrating.  and, it's a dead end.  

Any suggestions on this, let me know please.  For t.v. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

While I'm here: please put your passwords and pin #'s somewhere where someone trying to help you out in case of a stroke, has a chance to do that.  It's super frustrating.  and, it's a dead end.  

@qualitygal 

I have no idea what anything you said here even means. Then to end this with: "for t.v."?

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

OP does not have her spouse/significant others passwords or PIN numbers to access accounts to do essential things he cannot do following the stroke.  Due to the predicament she's in, she is making a suggestion to others to get this necessary information.   

I am not sure about t.v. either.   

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal 

Do you mean that you're trying to access your husband's passwords and hitting a "dead end"?  Does he have a password for something on the tv?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal 

Do you mean that you're trying to access your husband's passwords and hitting a "dead end"?  Does he have a password for something on the tv?

No, not that.  It's in the event of an emergency, when someone you have to care for, can't tell you these things.  You may have POA or not, and you might need to know the info.  Trust someone with the info, so they don't have to try and find it. That's all.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop  Thank you, yes that's exactly it.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@shoesnbags wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal 

No, not that.  It's in the event of an emergency, when someone you have to care for, can't tell you these things.  You may have POA or not, and you might need to know the info.  Trust someone with the info, so they don't have to try and find it. That's all.

Sorry, but you mentioned passwords and pin numbers - and tv.  We have wills and POA in paper form at home and it's also on file with our attorney. No passwords or pin numbers involved. Do you have a family attorney you can call to check?  If there's a Power of Attorney, someone in the legal profession probably provided the paperwork and notarized it.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

It seems all the OP is referring to is the PIN numbers and passwords for the accounts her spouse set up.   

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry you are going thru this. My DH has had a couple strokes and we found if he followed what the doctors told him and did all the PT at the office and did the homework they gave him, he did very well.  Take a notebook and write down any questions you have, you will not remember everything you want to ask at an appointment.  

It can take up to two years for a person to recooperate (to the best they will be), so both of you must be paitent. No two people recover the same and at the same rate.  I wish you both the best of luck.