Honored Contributor

My husband is watching the NYR and Montreal game on the Canadian channel.He is a huge Montreal fan but we used to live in British Columbia so we also are Canucks fans. Sounds like your family has a lot of good times during hockey season.My son used to play rep hockey in Canada and here in the USA.We have so many good memories of those days and all of the travel and the hockey parents who are the best.

Esteemed Contributor

I am two and a half months from having my cast removed for a stress fracture on my left foot.  This is the second time in two years for me.  First time, I wore a boot for 10-12 weeks.  I was injured on the heavy ice in the winter of 2014.  The break was at the 3rd metatarsal.

FF two years, same month, I broke the 4th metatarsal.  This time, I was put in a cast.  Non weight bearing for 7 weeks, cast on for 5.  Crutches.  My ortho dr. said he didn't have much faith in the boot.  I tried the boot first with no success.  

I feel your pain.  I also don't think 6 weeks is long enough.  I know it is hard to wait through this.  I am a very active person so I hated the down time.  I was fortunate to get rid of the crutches before heavy snow.

I went for physio to get proper instruction on how to build up the strength in my foot while I eased back to active.  I think that helped a lot.  It was my idea, not my doctor's but he was happy to write the script.

Good luck.  Do it right the first time. LM

Valued Contributor

Lilysmom thank you for your suggestions. My girlfriend had a stress fracture and she was in the boot for 4 months. She did remain very active while wearing the boot I think that was partially the issue. She never gave her foot a chance to rest. She still has pain when she is on her foot too long. I will be very careful and patient in my recovery. Thank you. Em

Esteemed Contributor

@embgm, the cure for stress fractures is rest.  The boot allows you to be active which is dangerous for someone like me.  If I had my time back, I would have done the cast right away.  Half the time required for the boot and a better result.  Hopefully to God I won't have to do that again!

The other info I didn't know is that risk of reinjury is high.  I am waiting to get past April which is the month I broke my foot both times.😩. The witching month for me!!!  

Speedy recovery to to those injured.  LM