Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 102
Registered: ‎12-11-2016

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@hildyjohnson wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

 

Did you discover the source of this?

 


@hildyjohnson - no, but as one other poster said that happened to her - it has stopped!  It went on for a couple of months - I'm just glad not to be putting up with it anymore.  My achilles tendon started to hurt along with that feeling, so I took some ibuprofen and it went away after a couple of days.  Hope it doesn't return.


 @hoosieroriginal I'm happy you're better now!❤️

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,293
Registered: ‎08-14-2013

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?

I have a lot of strange feelings and they're due to periphreal neuropathy. I know sometimes I've felt that a drop of water fell on my arm or leg, it seemed so real that I've even looked but it was just my nerves doing their thing. Mine came from an injury to my back, it's very common with Diabetic patients. Make sure you tell your doctor at your next appt, I hope it's gone for good.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,451
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@hildyjohnson wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

 

Did you discover the source of this?

 


@hildyjohnson - no, but as one other poster said that happened to her - it has stopped!  It went on for a couple of months - I'm just glad not to be putting up with it anymore.  My achilles tendon started to hurt along with that feeling, so I took some ibuprofen and it went away after a couple of days.  Hope it doesn't return.


Glad it's gone, @hoosieroriginal. Miranda E. White has CD stretches. They're very gentle and one is "Working thru the pain."

Gentle stretches are so wonderful. You feel like a million after.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,451
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@Moonchilde wrote:

I have sciatica, and have had various damaged femoral nerve issues for years. I know what typical "nerve pain" feels like very well. I would never describe it as feeling like "pouring warm water" down my leg. I would describe it lots of ways, but not that (which actually sounds pleasant to me, lol). Burning discomfort. Paresthesia/hypesthesia (pins and needles) and a cold feeling much more than warm. Sharp stabbing pains. But not nice warm water. But I understand that it's sometimes hard to describe sensations accurately.

 

I worked with doctors nearly 50 years before I retired. I not only know my own body, but I also know when it's time to seek help - and when it's not yet time. And I know how time-consuming, frustrating and potentially expensive going to the doctor for every little thing is - all for no "answer" or positive result other than "beats me - don't worry about it."

 

Some people should have "Don't ask here, stu*id, call your doctor" as a sig line - then they wouldn't have to post that.

 

AS IF people who truly felt the need for a medical opinion would totally rely on what's said on an internet forum. I generally give fellow posters credit for more common sense; some give others no credit for any common sense.


Well said, @Moonchilde. I learned the perils of going to the doctor too soon. I've been through all those tests with the result of nothing and it's gone by then.

If I'm in, what I call, unusual and real pain, I'll go fast enough. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,520
Registered: ‎03-04-2012

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@febe1 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@hildyjohnson wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

 

Did you discover the source of this?

 


@hildyjohnson - no, but as one other poster said that happened to her - it has stopped!  It went on for a couple of months - I'm just glad not to be putting up with it anymore.  My achilles tendon started to hurt along with that feeling, so I took some ibuprofen and it went away after a couple of days.  Hope it doesn't return.


Glad it's gone, @hoosieroriginal. Miranda E. White has CD stretches. They're very gentle and one is "Working thru the pain."

Gentle stretches are so wonderful. You feel like a million after.


@febe1 - I've been meaning to pick up one of her CD's.  I saw her on a PBS special - I love her!  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,451
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@hildyjohnson wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

 

Did you discover the source of this?

 


@hildyjohnson - no, but as one other poster said that happened to her - it has stopped!  It went on for a couple of months - I'm just glad not to be putting up with it anymore.  My achilles tendon started to hurt along with that feeling, so I took some ibuprofen and it went away after a couple of days.  Hope it doesn't return.


Glad it's gone, @hoosieroriginal. Miranda E. White has CD stretches. They're very gentle and one is "Working thru the pain."

Gentle stretches are so wonderful. You feel like a million after.


@febe1 - I've been meaning to pick up one of her CD's.  I saw her on a PBS special - I love her!  Thanks!


That's where I saw her. She has some wonderful stretches for the Achilles, toes, ankles, all of it. Glad you're doing well.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,451
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@wishmoon wrote:

I have a lot of strange feelings and they're due to periphreal neuropathy. I know sometimes I've felt that a drop of water fell on my arm or leg, it seemed so real that I've even looked but it was just my nerves doing their thing. Mine came from an injury to my back, it's very common with Diabetic patients. Make sure you tell your doctor at your next appt, I hope it's gone for good.


Funny you mentioned neuropathy: I just received a luncheon invitation for a medical talk on the latest news on neuropathy. Many millions of Americans suffer with this and are in great pain with it.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,897
Registered: ‎04-27-2015

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?

@hoosieroriginal

I have this and had it for years. I was standing at my sink and felt warmth in my left leg. I thought my oven door was open but it was not. Google IT Band and that will explain what is going on.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,520
Registered: ‎03-04-2012

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@panda1234 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

I have this and had it for years. I was standing at my sink and felt warmth in my left leg. I thought my oven door was open but it was not. Google IT Band and that will explain what is going on.


@panda1234 - Thanks so much! I do hear a popping sound in my leg often too.  I'm glad it is better - I just do a lot of walking, no running.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,520
Registered: ‎03-04-2012

Re: Strange sensation in leg - can you help?


@AuntG wrote:

Yes, and it was so strange because everything looked normal. Then the sensation stopped after a few weeks and never came back.


@AuntG - a poster just posted to google IT band - it explains a lot!  Thought you might want to know.