Honored Contributor

Strange half-dream, very real

I was half asleep, I think. I felt my body changing as though it was turning in upon itself. I felt my organs moving and I realized that I was dying. There was no pain. It was only a few seconds, while I expected and awaited my unconsciousness, I knew it was coming and it almost did, then stopped. The weird thing is I was not afraid. I had just said to myself, "I guess I am dying."

I did not "wake up" after this, but I did soon realize that I had not died . . . from within my dream, or half-dream, whatever it was. It was the strangest feeling I have ever had in my life.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Strange half-dream, very real

Those of you who have read this probably think I am crazy. I do have very vivid dreams, and this was probably just another one.

I don't believe I am crazy, at least I don't think so.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Contributor

I'm sure you're not crazy. I've had very real, odd dreams, too. Not this particular one, but some.

Regular Contributor

I reckon dreams can make us feel crazy, but I don't think this one means your crazy, just odd ways our mind works things out maybe things we worried over or things we saw on tv.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Ford1224 said:

Those of you who have read this probably think I am crazy. I do have very vivid dreams, and this was probably just another one.

I don't believe I am crazy, at least I don't think so.

Well, I am glad you are here to tell us about it! Smiley Happy Meds and even food & different supplements sometimes have these side effects. Anything related to that?

I still remember one vivid dream I had a couple years ago and still no hint of an interpretation.

Another observation I have had over the years is that whenever I napped in the afternoon, I sometimes got strange sensations. I won't elaborate. Luckily for me I have enough energy to last me all day long these days!

Valued Contributor

Happy you are here to write about... Dreams can seem so real, as if it is realyy happening. A lot of us have had them and will have them!

Honored Contributor

Hi, Ford! I join the others in being glad you're here to tell us about the dream. And, no, you're not crazy. Well, no more so than the rest of us here.{#emotions_dlg.blushing} I have vivid dreams, too, and sometimes they take residence in the back of my mind and stay with me throughout the next day ... sometimes even longer.

I hope you're not still bothered by it, hope you'll return and talk a bit more.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Super Contributor

I don't think you're crazy either Ford! I agree that our subconscious acts in strange ways through our dreams...sometimes it's things we are worried about or have seen which seemed unimportant or irrelevant at the time! Glad you're here tooSmiley Happy))))
Respected Contributor

Dreams fascinate me. I dreamed a lot more when I was younger. Most were bad or scary. I would have the same dreams over and over. I love telling them. LOL

Now I do dream, but rarely remember them. If I wake up too early and make myself lay in bed, if I fall back asleep that is usually when I have my dreams.

Honored Contributor

That is fascinating but I am glad it isn't real and you are here to tell us about it!

I think dreams are amazing and I've had some doozies for sure. I am now able to realize, in my dreams, that I am dreaming and I often can see two vantage points in my dreams- one above myself as I am moving through the dream, and first person view and I can switch between the two views by will. When things get super scary, I can tell myself in the dream that it is a dream and not to be scared. I can also tell myself to wake up (and I always do wake up) when I realize the dream me can't stop being scared or things are getting too intense or weird.

Now if THAT isn't crazy, I don't know what is?!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}