Honored Contributor

Re: Stormy ...are you able to post?

Think about you every day, Stormy.  I hope you are close to a window or nature somewhere.  I find nature to be a great healer.  Even just watching a sun rise or listening to it rain.  I pray today will bring you some special moments.  God bless you and God bless your day!

Honored Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Praying for Stormygirl.❤️

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

@Stormygirl123 is very touched and appreciative of all the love and support. She reads from time to time, but she just doesn't have the energy or physical strength/ability to post to the forums currently, and that ability may or may not return - she has no way of knowing.

Her request to be treated in the program she was waiting to hear about has been turned down, so of course, she is very down about that. She may not have the strength to keep fighting for another try. She also has eyesight issues that make posting very difficult, and her body is not cooperating with her ☹️ She did get her electric chair, which is a good thing. I hope she'll be able to use it for something enjoyable.

She knows we're all rooting for her, and care very much. I personally am keeping fingers & toes crossed that she's able to visit her friend in CO for some good pain relief. She's realy looking forward to that, if it's able to happen. Like so much in Stormy's life, what she can/can't do isn't really under her control from one day to the next, or even from one hour to the next. It's an evil, depressing roller coaster. She's in more and more pain, and increasingly disabled.

I know that she appreciates everyone here who wishes her well. I'll keep her forum friends informed as long as I know how she's doing - she's aware of that too.

Hi, @Moonchilde.   I've been away from the forums for a while and just now saw this thread.   @Stormygirl has remained in my prayers.    Her bright spirit, intelligence, charm, energy, and humor grace and aggrandize the forums.    So many of us feel her absence, palpably and with remorse.    I'm heartbroken to know her status isn't better.    Thank you for keeping in touch.   You're such a good friend.   I hope (((stormygirl))) can feel the love and our gentle hugs as they travel to her across the miles.❤️   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo, thanks. 

I didn't hear from stormy for a week after I lasted posted in this thread, and I wasn't sure I would again. But I heard from her a couple of days ago.

Right now she doesn't have, honestly, the strength to write or even to read. She hopes very much to make it to Colorado in October, but doesn't know how her breathing will be at those altitudes. I'm going to suggest she get her doctor to write her scrip for a portable oxygen tank.

Each time I hear from her, I know it might be the last time simply because she doesn't have the strength to respond - and she has said, she doesn't want to be a downer and have only bad news to give.

All we can do is send her our love, positive thoughts and prayers, but I'm not sure she'll be back. I hope so, but I don't know - or how long she'll be able to keep up with writing notes to me.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

@dooBdoo, thanks. 

I didn't hear from stormy for a week after I lasted posted in this thread, and I wasn't sure I would again. But I heard from her a couple of days ago.

Right now she doesn't have, honestly, the strength to write or even to read. She hopes very much to make it to Colorado in October, but doesn't know how her breathing will be at those altitudes. I'm going to suggest she get her doctor to write her scrip for a portable oxygen tank.

Each time I hear from her, I know it might be the last time simply because she doesn't have the strength to respond - and she has said, she doesn't want to be a downer and have only bad news to give.

All we can do is send her our love, positive thoughts and prayers, but I'm not sure she'll be back. I hope so, but I don't know - or how long she'll be able to keep up with writing notes to me.

(sigh)   She's been up against so much in what seems like an impossibly Sisyphean challenge.    Thank you for the update and for being a devoted and supportive friend.   That, in itself, is a healing gift.❤️

(((stormy)))❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I also would like to thank you for the updates.  It is greatly appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Y'all are very welcome. I'm just never sure if or when I will get any (more) updates. 

Sometimes it's a fine line between worry and concern, and leaving someone in peace and respecting their privacy and situation.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I had just read your inquiry, @dooBdoo about Stormygirl, and also, would like to thank @Moonchilde for being `that` close friend.

There was a lot of compassion in what Moonchilde said ~ Stormy and privacy~

I had tried to follow her, being with her...understanding some of what was one of my last readings STORMY had said: how weak she was, speaking of further assistance, but I did not know where.

Remembering back, (maybe) she was and is, now, much worse.

"I am praying that Moonchilde is granted any information from @Stormygirl123.... I would try, myself, to help her in any way".

Hope that Stormy may be reading, now.

Thank you each poster for explaining [ much of ] what I may have missed when not here for several days during mid August.

Hello to @Jubilant... I wanted to express my condolences, again, ~ loss of your father~

Sending a hug with heartfelt understanding   Heart

I have missed you 'dooBdoo', and hope that you are doing much better.

NAES

Honored Contributor

NAES wrote:

I had just read your inquiry, @dooBdoo about Stormygirl, and also, would like to thank @Moonchilde for being `that` close friend.

There was a lot of compassion in what Moonchilde said ~ Stormy and privacy~

I had tried to follow her, being with her...understanding some of what was one of my last readings STORMY had said: how weak she was, speaking of further assistance, but I did not know where.

Remembering back, (maybe) she was and is, now, much worse.

"I am praying that Moonchilde is granted any information from @Stormygirl123.... I would try, myself, to help her in any way".

Hope that Stormy may be reading, now.

Thank you each poster for explaining [ much of ] what I may have missed when not here for several days during mid August.

Hello to @Jubilant... I wanted to express my condolences, again, ~ loss of your father~

Sending a hug with heartfelt understanding   Heart

I have missed you 'dooBdoo', and hope that you are doing much better.

NAES

Hello, dear @NAES1.   Thank you for thinking of me, and for your always compassionate words.   I have missed you, too, and I hope you are healing and growing stronger with each day that passes.❤️