Honored Contributor

Stop putting labels on my produce

I’m sick of peeling labels off my fruits and vegetables. I just finished peeling a label off a red bell pepper. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stop putting labels on my produce

[ Edited ]

I don't mind. I like knowing where my produce came from. As I buy a lot of produce at fruit carts/stands around the city, this is the only practical way of labelling it.

It's, also, the only way of knowing when you buy loose items at delis, bodegas, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D.  Amen.  I outgrew stickers years ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I like the stickers on the fruit & vegetables.... it tells me where it came from & I want to know that!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Noth to mention lots of times peeling off these labels peels off the flesh of our fruits & veggies as well.

Respected Contributor

I don't peel them off.  I cut them off with my sharp paring knife.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes, after peeling off the label, there's sticky stuff left. I have to scrub it off or just cut that spot out.

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I’m sick of peeling labels off my fruits and vegetables. I just finished peeling a label off a red bell pepper. 

Those labels are really a hazard for the elderly and disabled. Some are unable to see them and some lack the manual dexterity to remove them. 

Have spent much time removing them for aggrieved family members who just want to eat an apple or tomato without a sticky label ending up in their mouth or throat. 

Esteemed Contributor

Keep in mind also that the sticker has a number on it (ex. 12345) so that the check-out clerk can code it in when you go to pay for it.

I don't let little things like stickers on fruits and veggies make me all anxious.

I don't fret over little nothings like that.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Keep in mind also that the sticker has a number on it (ex. 12345) so that the check-out clerk can code it in when you go to pay for it.

I don't let little things like stickers on fruits and veggies make me all anxious.

I don't fret over little nothings like that.

It doesn’t make me anxious. It’s just a nuisance.