Respected Contributor

Re: Stomach Flu Virus is going around

On 2/11/2015 gabstoomuch said:

I am so impressed, and happy, that there are still people out in this big crazy world that truly care about others!

This neighbor is incredibly lucky to have you care for her. I feel so bad for any elder person who lives alone and no one cares about them.

What a wonderful thread to read. (Not wonderful that a neighbor is sick, wonderful that you CARE enough to taker her in, take her to the doctors, etc).

Adore, you are one very special person.

So glad I can now finally reply individually, and many thanks for your lovely reply.

Years ago it was quite normal to see people reach out to others if they knew they had no one close by.

Unfortunately in many areas now people migrated here, and choose to remain aloof and keep to themselves. It is not like it use to be, and that is what is very sad.

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Are you a young woman yourself? Because taking care of someone with gastroenteritis leaves you open to getting the same.

Stay well....

Thanks for your kind reply.

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 ValuSkr said:

Nice of you to care for her but I hope you don't get what she has.

I believe the Almighty watches over sick people and their care givers.

""Thank you for your reply and I know you meant well"".

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 pegsue said:

One of my coworkers has the stomach bug and she's been sick since this past weekend. She came in to work today-still sick and looked BAD and we all got upset w/her and told her to go home and see a doctor! She finally left after a few minutes but golly I wish people wouldn't come in to work sick and get the rest of us sick.

I think it is awful that someone comes in sick.

That is the fastest way to become ever more ill, and also infect the entire office staff.

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 cater said:

Adore this must be going around. My neighbor has had it twice this winter and she said her stomach hurt so bad she could not stand to even touch it. Around here every one calls it a stomach flu or stomach virus. It does take all your get up and go out of you for a few days.

Yes cater it is definitely making the rounds.

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Lilysmom said:

Bless you Adoreqvc. Very good of you to do this. I am sure it means a lot to your neighbor not to be alone. Get well soon! LM

Blessings back to you Lilysmom.

She does feel much better today, so I believe now she is on the road to complete recovery.

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 RetRN said:

What a lovely, kind, and caring neighbor you are. She is blessed to have you and I'm sure she is very thankful.

Thanks RetRN,

She has blessed us so many times, and is extremely grateful.

She also said as soon as she is better she will take us for a Lobster or Steakhouse Dinner, our choice.

We told her as soon as she is up to it we ill take her out for a "so glad you are feeling better now special occasion dinner".

She argued but we won.

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 vermint said:

Bless you for taking such good care of your neighbor, that is so sweet of you!

Those stomach things can knock you for a loop even if you don't have any other medical issues, so I can only imagine what she must be feeling. Will say a prayer for her quick recovery!

Thanks and I agree vermint.

I think the most painful is stomach pain and pain in the teeth, gums, or mouth.

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 millieshops said:

Thank you so much for helping. She is one lucky lady to have you, but I also believe that you're paying it forward with your efforts and some day you will receive the benefits, too. Maybe when you least expect it.

Thank you for your kind reply .

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Lucky charm said:

I think it's nice of you to take care of her in your home, but I would be uber cautious about it spreading to you and yours.

Wash, wash, wash hands every time you are near her. If possible don't use the bathroom she uses and be careful cleaning it after her.

If you have a dishwasher with the sterilization cycle, by all means use it.

You don't want to get sick yourself.

Thank you for your very kind reply, and we took and are still taking all the necessary precautions.