Respected Contributor

Re: Stocking Up

[ Edited ]

i sure hope we dont have to stock up on anything besides some food and cleaning stuff! Smiley Sad   I have already spend alot on food and any cleaning things i can find Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Stocking Up

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm a little fuzzy how light bulbs factor in the prep plan.

Are the light bulbs battery driven??

Because you might not want to run down to the store to get one so it would be good to have a few extra.  Which some of us have and some of us wouldn't think of.

Most lightbulbs have a lifespan for months.

I mean, I live in a tiny apartment w/ 10 working bulbs. 
There's no way I would be 'in the dark'...unless you're living like

Walden Pond w/ one bulb on a long wire from the ceiling.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Because very few things like this are now made here, and if you have none or few, and the supply chain fails, like it has quite a bit during this crisis, you might not get any. 

Lets face it, if TP was such a hot item when this virus didn't primarily present with gastro intestinal issues, who knows what might drive a shortage on light bulbs or any other mundane every day thing. 

Having a good supply of any and every thing one uses is necessary to avoid being caught up in a mess like we are dealing with right now with tp, paper towels, disinfecting wipes etc. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Because you might not want to run down to the store to get one so it would be good to have a few extra.  Which some of us have and some of us wouldn't think of.

It's very obvious that you don't and maybe never have lived out in the boonies.  LOTS of us do!  And lots of us are used to being able to run to a store, and now that we are being asked to stay home, shouldn't run to the store. 

Honored Contributor

I will not stock up on these anymore than I already do... you are trying to cause panic and we do not need that

Respected Contributor

I live in a tornado zone, and we had one here the other day.  I always have a battery supply and other items necessary if we have any outages.  That is just normal where I live.

My good friend that lives in Florida has supplies necessary in case of hurricanes.  I think we all should be prepared as best we can for whatever dangers strike our particular area of the country.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom Some people live that way in the US.  Hard to imagine but it's true.  Some don't have cars, stores nearby, some don't have electricity so no, they wouldn't have to worry about that. 

Frequent Contributor

My wireless pc mouse just eats AA batteries.  Good reminder that I should maybe have some extra on hand.  No mouse, no computer.

No compuer, no QVC forums to enjoy.

Valued Contributor

There is a VERY, VERY fine line between stocking up & hoarding! We have all seen this in the last few weeks! 

Trusted Contributor
To all who understood the concept behind my post, thanks for responding and I hope my reminder was helpful in some way. To those posters who responded so churlishly, it's obvious you're unable or unwilling to grasp the reason for my post. To you I say, good luck. smh!!