Honored Contributor

Re: Stiff Joints, Achy Arms, Neck - What do U do?

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@RinaRina@.    @Have you tried a t.e.n.s type thing, to redirect the pain. Even simple ben gay and a rub to achy parts. Voltaren cream is effective for some, it's a prescription

I was diagnosed with fibro many years ago, but it was statin drugs that caused my pain, I lost a lot those years I took them. Of course we are all different.

@RinaRina@  @Nomorebirthdays  Voltaren Ointment is available w/o a prescription at pharmacies in Canada.  They even sell it at Walmart.  It's very effective for joint pain; before I can get out of bed, I apply a bit to my back and wait about 20 minutes, then I'm ready to ambulate.   Pharmacy mix.Com has the best price. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Exercise.

It hurts at first, but it gets easier and easier!

I start out the day almost hobbling...but a good sweat session reliueves a LOT of my pain and stiffness.

Trusted Contributor

Someone mentioned this product recently, so I picked up a bottle to see how it worked.

I am soooo stiff in the morning, I can hardly move. I started taking these a couple of weeks ago, and I am starting to see a difference. I can actually move now!

It takes time for it to kick it, so I am hoping to see greater improvement the longer I take it.

Schiff Move Free Ultra Triple Action Joint Supplement, 75 Ct

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

D-Ribose helps some with fibro. Also - an anti-inflammatory diet; no processed foods, chemicals, etc. can get rid of some of it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina

I do not have Fibro, but I do have many parts of my body with osteoarthritis, from different causes. Back-from 2 surgeries to remove 3 ruptured lumbar discs. Neck-3 crushed vertebrae from a co-ed broom ball game.

Spending 30 years lifting 60-75lb. reels of telephone wire, only being able to fit first 3 fingers of each hand into reels to lift them? Thus there are days I wake up not being able to open those fingers from the palms of my hands, again, injury/overuse caused osteoarthritis. 

I cannot take any anti-inflammatory pills because of internal bleeding(over 125 blood transfusions and 30-35 Iron Infusions), and I refuse to take any narcotics or opioid for pain.

For my back I make sure I keep all of my abdominal muscle groups strong, to support my spine from the front side. I also make sure I keep all muscle groups on the rear side of my body as flexible as possible (from my Achilles's Tendon/Calves/Hamstrings/Erector Spinae Muscles) up to and including all upper back muscles and neck muscles. This includes each muscle groups connective tissues(tendons/ligaments etc).

For my fingers I soak them in very warm water for however long it takes to be able to open those 6 fingers. I then regularly throughout the day keep them moving by flexing them, opening and closing. Also work with hand resistance grips to help maintain their strength.

Movement and specificity in exercises has kept my body pretty darned flexible in spite of my many issues with arthritis and vertabra being crushed, all without anti-inflammatories to reduce the always present inflammation.

Easy and painless? Nope, but I still function pretty well and not many things I cannot do because of these issues. That is what I do, and have done for a few decades now to help my body keep on keeping on.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Natural pain relievers are Noni juice & turmeric. And isn't tart cherry juice as well?

(I think you've done turmeric facial masks.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

Natural pain relievers are Noni juice & turmeric. And isn't tart cherry juice as well?

(I think you've done turmeric facial masks.)

Ahh yes!  The turmeric, I started taking six months ago, mainly for my knees.  In fact, I've cancelled my plans to have my other knee replaced.  I believe the turmeric helped a lot.   And yes!  Tart cherry juice works wonders.  Thanks for the reminder!  I'll be sure to pick up some tomorrow.

BTW, I ordered some magnesium spray.  I'll let everyone know if it helps.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."