Trusted Contributor

Re: Stewed fruits for digestion

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Since stewed fruits are not low carb or low calories, and I try to avoid sugars as much as possible, I went in another direction.  

At dinnertime, before I start eating, I take two little mild stool softener tablets.

I am shocked at how regular that keeps me ....  and never even think about "regularity" any more.  

Oh, so it's okay to take those every day?  Do you use over the counter?

Honored Contributor

My grandmother firmly believed in stewed apples for that.  I loved eating them and she made them quite often. 

But I loved more her apple and apricot fried pies!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Since stewed fruits are not low carb or low calories, and I try to avoid sugars as much as possible, I went in another direction.  

At dinnertime, before I start eating, I take two little mild stool softener tablets.

I am shocked at how regular that keeps me ....  and never even think about "regularity" any more.  

Oh, so it's okay to take those every day?  Do you use over the counter?

@PilatesLover 

Yeah, my doctor suggested trying them.  I usually get the Walmart generic brand which is an ingredient copy of a brand name stool softener.  Does the trick, and wish I'd tried them sooner.  What a relief that this is no longer an issue!  Woman Happy  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My grandmother firmly believed in stewed apples for that.  I loved eating them and she made them quite often. 

But I loved more her apple and apricot fried pies!!

Oh, that sounds good and much lower in carbs/sugars.

@Tinkrbl44 thank you so much.