Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think I might switch brands and see if the problem persists. Not all 100% stevia sweeteners are created equal, as strange as that might sound it might be true in this case.

I buy ours on Amazon.  Here's what we use:
Pure Stevia Powder Extract Sweetener - Zero Calorie Sugar Substitute - No Artificial Ingredients (1,500 Servings)

Honored Contributor

Oh thank you for the recs @JeanLouiseFinch . I appreciate it.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The stevia I am using is 100% pure stevia extract.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has the diarrhea from 100% stevia. 

I use only 100% pure stevia powder and do not have this problem with it.  I only use a tiny amount per day and have absolutely no negative effects from using it.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think I might switch brands and see if the problem persists. Not all 100% stevia sweeteners are created equal, as strange as that might sound it might be true in this case.

I buy ours on Amazon.  Here's what we use:
Pure Stevia Powder Extract Sweetener - Zero Calorie Sugar Substitute - No Artificial Ingredients (1,500 Servings)

I use the Mommy Knows Best brand, as well and also get it on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @pdlinda 

Honored Contributor

I have never tried Stevia so don't know how it effects me.

I don't use anything with sugar alcohols in them because they all cause diarrhea even Erythritol. Most artificial sweeteners cause headaches.

I'm anxious to find out about Andrew's new baking product like his Sucress when it comes out. It will have Stevia & Glycine in it so don't know how it will effect me either.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

This is a common complaint with using any kind of artificial sweetener since the beginning of time. I am a diabetic and gave up using any kind of sweeteners long ago. I hate the aftertaste of anything artificial!!

@ID2 

Andrew says his new Sucress does not leave an after taste. Will see what the reviews say when they start coming in.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

The ingredient Truvia mixes it's Stevia with it Erythritol.  You might check to see if your Pure Stevia is truly 100% Stevia or mixed with another -ol  rather than Erythritol.  One benefit of erythritol is that, because most of it is absorbed by the small intestine it does not typically cause some of the unfortunate laxative effects that are associated with other sugar alcohols.

Erythritol is also considered a natural ingredient as it is found naturally in some fruits and other foods.

@Icegoddess 

It causes diarrhea in me. LOL!!! I just tried the Built Bars which have Erythritol in them. I only ate 3 bites.

Honored Contributor

I haven't used Stevia.  I definitely cannot eat anything with the sugar alcohols.  

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

The ingredient Truvia mixes it's Stevia with it Erythritol.  You might check to see if your Pure Stevia is truly 100% Stevia or mixed with another -ol  rather than Erythritol.  One benefit of erythritol is that, because most of it is absorbed by the small intestine it does not typically cause some of the unfortunate laxative effects that are associated with other sugar alcohols.

Erythritol is also considered a natural ingredient as it is found naturally in some fruits and other foods.

@Icegoddess 

It causes diarrhea in me. LOL!!! I just tried the Built Bars which have Erythritol in them. I only ate 3 bites.

@Nightowlz, could it be another ingredient?  I don't know what exactly is in Fiber One bars, but I've heard more than a couple of people say they can't eat those, but I never had a problem with them.  I have hypothyroidism which one of the symptoms is constipation, so diarrhea is rarely a problem for me. In fact, I add whole flax seeds to my morning yogurt to help keep things moving.  I know it works since if I stop doing it things start backing up.