Respected Contributor

Hey!

im thinking of  purchasing a stationary bike. Just for overall fitness to ride when the weather is ugly and I can't walk or ride outside. Any recommendations?

Respected Contributor

Re: Stationary bike recommend

i bought a Exerpeutic (sp) folding bike, about 5 yrs ago. It has been great. they have a couple of styles, less than $200.00m Minimal assembly and it's quiet and hubs and i have logged many miles on it. It folds and that was a selling feature, for me. I also bought a cushier pad, to put on seat, for my big fanny.

i would buy again.

Respected Contributor

F33383  I purchased mainly for my husband who has balance and walking issues.  "Fitnation Flex Express"

Watch the presentation and you can decide if it would work for you.

Honored Contributor

We own a Sole.  Not as fancy as a Peloton, but rides well and much more affordable than a Peloton.  I think it cost around $900.

Honored Contributor

The best kind is the one you will use.

Honored Contributor

Have a serious conversation with yourself before you buy one. Many turn into laundry racks.

I'd be embarrassed to tell you what we sold our Pilates Reformer w/platform for at our recent garage sale.  Let's just say, we pretty much gave it away just to get rid of it, so we wouldn't have to deal with storing it anymore.  Regretfully, I should have never bought it.  In past years we've done the same with a bike and a treadmill.  We were gung-ho at first but then motivation waned.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Franklinbell 

My 1st exercycle was a regular Schwinn style top model. Put a lot of miles on it over years. 

After my back 1st back surgery I decided to try a recumbent exercycle. Back support/comfortable seat that is also multi-directional, as opposed to just up and down. Both types are non weight bearing exercises, thus I stuck with Step Through Recumbents.

My 1st was a ProForm, which I still use, that is 22 years old. I bought and upscale top-of-the line True Recumbent about 6 years ago. Too many features to mention, but worth every penny to me. I have riden the high $$$$ Peloton, and it's a no thank you for me.

Won't recommend a brand, but I will say, if anyone wants to be comfortable, a recumbent is worth checking out. I would never buy either without riding on them for at least 15-20 minutes. A seat that fits 1 butt, may not fit another's butt.

Remember the Fallen 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

John, do you think there are any fitness benefits to recumbent vs. reg. sitting bike? More-less-about the same?

thanks.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch @You know I love your avocado! You are correct. That's why right now it's an idea... we shall see... just trying to say fit! 

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell : I have a recumbent bike and love it but with other medical issues needed help from my DH to place my left foot on the pedel.

I hate to ask for help and still wanted to do some other exercise until things improve. I purchased this and really enjoyed using it: The Cubi 2 Jr . Tried to post photo but can't. Just another option and doesn't take up a lot of space but it is heavy. I have it in the corner of the family room and use it while watching tv or listening to music.