Respected Contributor

We are looking at adding a bike to our at home exercise options.  Don't want to go down the Peleton route - too pricey, but am looking at Echelon, Schwinn and ...Thank you for any input you can add.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stationary Bike Experiences

[ Edited ]

Saw an Echelon at Costco yesterday for $1000.  To my untrained eye it looked just like a Peloton ( including the interactive videos).  The Echelon comes with home delivery and setup plus one year membership. Costco also had other nice exercise bikes in the $500 range.  I have two friends (one 43, the other 54) who swear by their Peletons ( each has lost 20+ lbs) and for a gym rat I think these bikes are a better alternative during this crazy times.

Respected Contributor

we bought a folding bike, from amazon, in the 150.00 range. my hubs uses it daily and likes it. he's 70 and doesn't use it like someone would a bike for spinning. just plain old peddeling. it's quiet and didn't break the bank.

Honored Contributor

We had 2 Schwinn Air Dynes over many years, , done with them, too heavy and didnt like the huge spinning wheels, created way too much cold air around them, hopes this makes good sense. Have a different one now that was about 1000, called Cascade Pro, my DH loves it. I am late 60's and find that bike seats are no longer comfortable for me, none of them. All of them dig into me where it really hurts, if you get my drift !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

We had 2 Schwinn Air Dynes over many years, , done with them, too heavy and didnt like the huge spinning wheels, created way too much cold air around them, hopes this makes good sense. Have a different one now that was about 1000, called Cascade Pro, my DH loves it. I am late 60's and find that bike seats are no longer comfortable for me, none of them. All of them dig into me where it really hurts, if you get my drift !!!

they have pads that fit over bicycle seats....bought one from amazon.....it's very comfortable.....

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

they have pads that fit over bicycle seats....bought one from amazon.....it's very comfortable.....

Tried everything, nothing has worked well enough for me to be comfortable, pillows, blankets, towels and a ton of different seats and pads. Glad you had better luck than me. 

Contributor

The best bike is the one you will use. Had pricey and had cheap. They all work the same so what fits you the best. if the trainers or videos wi!l help motivate you or keep you on the bike that's is your best. But even some of the cheaper bikes give you access to online videos you call watch on laptop or notepad.if the bike is too big and is kept in an area you never want to go to it will be a waste of money. My current living space is small so an x bike that folds  up to fit in a corner or roll to another room is best. I pull it out to ride whi!e i watch tv. Then roll it back out of the way.but a friend of mine had to put hers in a quieter room with no distractions.  Good luck in your search.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stationary Bike h Experiences

I have this

exclusive! FitQuest Upright Flex Express and Recumbent Bike with Resistance Bands

699-794

very nice but I use my Cubii while I work more

Esteemed Contributor

Love my Schwinn Airdyne

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have one I got as a TSV from QVC 2 or 3 years ago - looks to be identical to the FitQuest sold on HSN.  I believe it was a FlexBike from Fitnation, $150-200.  I don't see them selling it now but I believe they do periodically.  I only use it in the upright position, not recumbent and I do also use the resistence bands.  It is exceptionally quiet, which I really like and also doesn't take up a lot of space which I also like.  I use it all the time.