Honored Contributor

I have had bad reactions to statin drugs.  I forget the name of the first one I was on, but took it for a couple of years.  During that time I experienced muscle pain so badly it affected my walking.  Told my doctor and he "preferred" I stay on the Statin. Everything mentioned, I experienced.  We moved to a new state and my doctor decided to put me on Simvastatin to see if it was a better "fit" for me.  Within a week I had all the symptoms back, including pain and weakness in my legs, especially my right leg.  I refused to take it at all after that and my doctor reluctantly agreed that I needed to stop.  It's been 11 years since we moved and although I don't have the muscle pain and electrical feelings I used to have in my muscles, the weakness in my right leg has continued.  Even though my doctor doesn't feel it's related to the Statin, I firmly do.  AND.... I have Diabetes.  No one in my family has Diabetes.  Some people may never experience a reaction like mine but there are plenty of us who have.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*