Esteemed Contributor

Re: State of maine vaccines

[ Edited ]

In Arizona we will hit the 2,000,000 shot mark this week. We aren't doing the 1A, 1B, 1C thing. We are basing it on age. Right now anyone 55 and over can get the shot. We got our second one Monday. 

Nearly 1.3 million Arizonans, about 18% of state’s population, have received at least one dose. More than half of them, about 680,000 people, are fully vaccinated. The 2 millionth shot will come less than four weeks after the state reached 1 million on Feb. 10. Arizona’s vaccination program debuted in mid-December.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

Especially if they aren't even in the classrooms teaching. Some push for vaccines then still refuse to do in person teaching. 

@Lali1 

I think you know the Y of this as well as I do. The football analogy "moving the goalposts". First they all needed to get the vaccine. Then the never stationary "goal posts" to, all the children needed to get the vaccine. 

Of course knowing that no vaccine for children, not that I know of, is available. Think many teachers want to work, but!!!  Got ta follow orders.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We will be getting Pfizer #2 tomorrow morning.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just got the first dose last week. 

@SilleeMee 

Which vaccine? My wife's brother got the Moderna and his next one is in 1 month. Our Pfizer #2 tomorrow will be exactly 3 weeks. Guess somehow I thought they were both 3 weeks.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Justice4all wrote:

For those who think that teachers and school personnel need not have priority for in person teaching, many teachers and other school personnel in our union died from COVID, some we knew personally.  Perhaps there are wonderful open schools where some of you live, but in more crowded, cold locales, often inner city, needing to stay indoor old, ill-ventilated buildings and other indoor places, the spread of COVID is greatly increased and extremely dangerous.

@Justice4all 

Sorry some you knew personally died of the virus, but my thoughts remain the same. They were at the top of the list before the vaccine, and should still be #1 on the list.

The Elderly. If they happen to be retired teachers, fine. If not, get in line!

ETA- Last I heard, there are still Billions of $$ left from the last bill allocating the money to upgrade school buildings. Many have done just that, why not the others?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is how Pennsylvania distributed the vaccine. The first four Counties are quite populated and surround Philadelphia. The bottom four Countries are rural.

A Philadelphia Inquirer analysis published Monday first showed that the counties were getting less vaccine per capital than many smaller, rural counties in Pennsylvania.

Here is a breakdown of the doses per 100,000 residents in the four counties:

• Montgomery County: 17,667 doses per 100,000
  • Chester County: 14,748 doses per 100,000
  • Bucks County: 13,103 doses per 100,000
  • Delaware County: 9,113 doses per 100,000

To compare, here are those same rates in the top four counties in the state, based on doses per 100,000:

• Montour County: 164,153 doses per 100,000
  • Elk County: 45,721 doses per 100,000
  • Mifflin County: 37,713 doses per 100,000
  • Mercer County: 35,550 doses per 100,000
Honored Contributor

Moderna @hckynut 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Our cdc director said today,that we will be getting over 10,000 fewer vaccines next week ,than they thought, we dropped to number 34 on state vaccine rates, now the teachers will be getting theirs, so wait and see.

...Well lets hope if kids are not in school now..they will get back in the class room after teachers get their vaccine....teachers unions have to much power.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Our cdc director said today,that we will be getting over 10,000 fewer vaccines next week ,than they thought, we dropped to number 34 on state vaccine rates, now the teachers will be getting theirs, so wait and see.

...Well lets hope if kids are not in school now..they will get back in the class room after teachers get their vaccine....teachers unions have to much power.

Good luck. In Arizona our governor told the teachers to go back after spring break (which is next week I guess) and now they are complaining they didn't have enough time to prepare, they don't have their lesson plans blah blah blah. What have they been doing for a year? Glad I don't have kids or grandkids in school. Oh yea, they also want a raise. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Good luck. In Arizona our governor told the teachers to go back after spring break (which is next week I guess) and now they are complaining they didn't have enough time to prepare, they don't have their lesson plans blah blah blah. What have they been doing for a year? Glad I don't have kids or grandkids in school. Oh yea, they also want a raise. 

I am not a parent but if I were I would do all I could to get my kids out of public school....yes I know...private school is expensive...possibly a school co op..I don't know but I do my best to move my kids.