Esteemed Contributor

Re: Started water aerobics today

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@151949 wrote:

In my 42 years as a practising nurse I've never ever heard a physician recommend an inversion table to anyone. 

It seems logical to me that being upside down and having blood rushing to the head - esp. in an older person could be a recipe for disaster - ie: stroke.

@151949

I tried to make your progress a friendly post, but it appears you want to tell me how much better you know my body than I do. Lived with it in it, not for 42 years, but 78 years. 

You obviously do not talk to Sports Med Doctors, which my Spinal Surgeon friend happens to be. Now he knows ALL of my medical history, not just the surgical area where he removed my L-3. He thinks me doing Inversion is great for me, and I'll take his personal knowledge of my body and physical fitness over you, and/or "those any doctors that do not recommend inversion to anyone".

Now I have been into physical fitness way longer than your 42 nursing career, and I learned more about exercises and physical fitness than most of the hundreds of nurses that have treated me during my weeks long hospital stays.  There was a reason many asked me how to improve their walking and running speeds for upcoming charitable events.

Going skating now, bye!

hckynut(john)

Why on this God's earth would a Doctor recommend or not recommend an inversion table to someone in ICU?

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

Is the question you ask for me or @151949? I of course was in ICU several times, and I believe, she was an ICU nurse. 

Thank you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Laura14If you have an LA Fitness they always offer water aerobics.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut @Zhills--  You know what - do it or don't - I couldn't care less if you do and stroke out.No skin off my teeth.

For everyone else - PLEASE - check with your doctor and get this approved first. All you need is a weak blood vessel in your head - and you put that increased pressure on it - BOOM.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Zhills

Is the question you ask for me or @151949? I of course was in ICU several times, and I believe, she was an ICU nurse. 

Thank you,

hckynut(john)

Doesn't matter really.  It was as much a statement as a question.  Patients in ICU are normally sick and that is not what they discuss in ICU.  My point!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

Thank you for your reply.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)