Honored Contributor

13 years ago, 9-12-07 when I had heart attack number 2. It unfortunately is easy for me to remember, more because of other events much more tragic than my medical issue. 

What is also coincidental is heart attack number 1, was also a day after another one of those days on the calendar, July 4th. The other calendar day is February 14th, which many remember for ♥️.

These seem to be things that previously happened during my life that seem far from the ordinary. Keeps me wondering why these well known days on the calendar do not seem coincidental.

Guess I just wanted to start a new thread! 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut   My Dad suffered a massive heart attack, out in the middle of nowhere, on July 10th, 2001. His heart surgery took place early morning July 13th, 2001.....and it was a Friday (the 13th). 

19 years and the man still hasn't slowed down yet lol....He puts men half his age to shame with his daily physical activity. 

Every year our family remembers 7-10 (the day our little world stopped) and again on 7-13 (when a miracle happened). I can't imagine a year going by that we won't all remember it, but hopefully next year (20 year anniversary!) we can all get together and do something extra special. We'll have the first grandbaby in the family by then, and I have a hunch nothing would make my Dad happier than getting him out in the country and up on a John Deere Smiley Very Happy

Best wishes to you, on your "anniversary". While it may seem a bit odd to celebrate that, think about what the alternative could have been. I think your positive attitude about life has served you well. 

Keep on keepin' on Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@hckynut      Hey hckynut.  I know what you mean about specific dates relating to illness.  Our father died of cancer when he was 49 years old.  It was early Fathers day morning and raining cats and dogs.  Our mother died on July 5th after just being released from the hospital.  Our precious Aunt Sadie died on Christmas day just a few years ago.  It is strange when things happen on or near special holidays.  When the holiday comes around, the sickness or death just pops into mind and it is hard to keep the memory in the past.  I have even googled these kind of date coincidences.  

Anyway, what I do know is, by reading your posts, you and your wife live a healthy lifestyle and take good care of yourselves. You are also the go to man on these forums that people turn to for good advice and that means you are smart with a lot of wisdom.  I will think of those kind of things when I see hckynut on these forums and not past illness.  One way outshines the other.  Keep being you,  SC Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@hckynut 

Several bad, scary, sad things happened on and around my birthday.  (???)

I’m glad for you those special day things turned out Well!

Best to you and yours.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@hckynut 

PLEASE be extra careful around holidays and somber anniversaries.

Those are odd and unfortunate coincidences for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Specific days.

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

13 years ago, 9-12-07 when I had heart attack number 2. It unfortunately is easy for me to remember, more because of other events much more tragic than my medical issue. 

What is also coincidental is heart attack number 1, was also a day after another one of those days on the calendar, July 4th. The other calendar day is February 14th, which many remember for ♥️.

These seem to be things that previously happened during my life that seem far from the ordinary. Keeps me wondering why these well known days on the calendar do not seem coincidental.

Guess I just wanted to start a new thread! 

hckynut 

@hckynut 

Those are Milestones easy to remember.  And not good ones.  Bad Karma vs. Good Karma.

The number 4 is especially bad.   Or dates one day before, on, or one day after dates that contain a  4 in it.  

Please use caution on well known days in the calendar, and be  extra careful at holiday gatherings, or celebrations, at least until you get a Covid vaccine.

I pray that you have many good years ahead. 🙏

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~

Esteemed Contributor

I am date defective.  The best I can do is to remember the year something happened.  Deaths are there but births are shaky.  

No reason to want to remember hospital admissions, those are not good memories.