Esteemed Contributor

If you ever had what did you do to feel better? I am swishing salt water around. I read anxiety can trigger the feeling. And I am taking pills for anxiety.

Honored Contributor

Of course, everyone will tell you to seek dental care.  In the meantime, you might want to try the new mouthwash at Trader Joe's that contains tea tree oil.  Wishing you a quick recovery.

Contributor

Any new medications. Some will cause dry mouth.  Try Act dry mouth products. Spray, lozenges, gum with xylitol.  Do Not use mouthwash with alcohol. I’ve been a dental hygienist for 39 years. If you have any questions just ask. 

Honored Contributor

We use Biotene products for dry mouth and Oral paste for sore gums.

Honored Contributor

My guess is you probably have dry mouth (just about every medicine causes it).

Anyway, I have dry mouth to the point where it's often crazy...drives me crazy I mean.

Get yourself some Biotene.  It's great.  I use it mainly at night.  There are probably some off brands that are similar.  But I don't like off brands.  I like the real thing so I don't know about other kinds.

Get some of that.  At night your mouth probably gets dry.  This will help moisten it before you go to bed.

Go here to find out what it is (I don't think it will get zapped because it's a product for dry mouth, not clothes, or whatever QVC sells...good grief....

Go herehttps://www.bioteneprofessional.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=biotene&utm_campaign=BS%20-%20B...

It says you can get free samples.

Regular Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

If you ever had what did you do to feel better? I am swishing salt water around. I read anxiety can trigger the feeling. And I am taking pills for anxiety.

@halfpint1,

I agree with the other 2 suggestions to use Biotene. It really really helps and heals! I buy mine at Walmart. Hope you feel better very soon!

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1. Hi!  If you are not allergic to coconuts, I would highly recommend oil pulling with coconut oil.  Basically, you take from a teaspoon to a tablespoon (depending upon the size of your mouth, and comfort level, so you will not trigger a gag reflex) of coconut oil and melt it in your mouth, swishing it around in your closed mouth for 10 - 15 minutes.  Do this two or three times per day, making sure you spit out the oil into your garbage can (with a garbage can liner in it), and not into your sink.  Coconut oil is a liquid when in your mouth, but it converts back to a semi-solid in cooler temperatures, and it can clog your sink drains, as a result.

Oil pulling has helped me considerably.  It even makes your teeth whiter.  Coconut oil kills many germs that live in your mouth and gums, so it is ideal if you are having gum inflammation.  Best of luck to you in resolving your problem.  Definitely make an appointment with your dentist, in the interrim.  I hope that you feel rather immediate relief after oil pulling.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes my gums get sore around my crowns. The dentist told me to use Gly-Oxide.

Gly-Oxide Liquid 0.50 oz (Pack of 3)

Valued Contributor

Hello, @halfpint1!  I am so glad to hear you are taking medication for anxiety. Don’t give up on it. Sometimes it can take a few weeks to kick in. 

You have lots lots of good answers here for help with your mouth. I hope they help!

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 By chance, are you using any of those highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide whitening products?  If so, stop immediately.  I tried one from QVC a few years ago and got chemical burns all along my gums. 

I also recommend Glyoxide.