Honored Contributor

Re: Sonic toothbrush question.....

[ Edited ]

spit water

@MaggieMack wrote:

My dentist and hygienist recommend Sonicare, but give the manual Oral Bs after cleaning. They also recommended a WaterPik, so I discovered a new type called JetPik on Amazon. This unit has floss cartridges that are used in combo with the water stream. Love it! I also do "oil pulling" with coconut oil. Can't wait for my next cleaning, and I'm always the one who says I would rather have a colonoscopy than get my teeth cleaned. :womanlol:

@MaggieMack, honey I think I'd rethink my thinking on rather having a colonoscopy than a dental cleaning. You sure about that?  LOL  I'll be up front and come clean, both of my ends are really up to snuff, as I had my dental cleaning done a few weeks ago and the other a couple weeks ago... I am smiling from one end to the other.. LOL.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sonic toothbrush question.....

Who knows which is better.  It might be an individual thing.  I used a Sonicare toothbrush for years and developed all sorts of gum issues....not necessarily from the toothbrush.  My periodontist told me to get rid of the Sonicare and get the Oral B electric toothbrush.

My cleaning appointments have been great and I have little to no plaque buildup between cleanings.  So, I guess it works.  

I do think the Sonicare caused some recession issues around my lower front teeth.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"