Honored Contributor

Re: Something I hate about generic meds

@Trinity11 wrote:

My meds are various sizes and colors. Plavix is pink, verapamil blue, Lipitor oval small white pill, metformin 500mg oval large white pill and lopressor tiny white circular pill. None of them are similar and are generic. Hmm...

The colors on generic meds depends 100% on where the pharmacy purchased them. Apparently my pharmacy orders from the all white pills source.All my DH's are all white pills too most of the time.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I have had bad side effects from generic drugs so I only take brand name drugs ... generic & brand name drugs are NOT identical ... the generic drugs have different “fillers” ... I pay extra for the brand name but, it is worth it for me.

And it's certainly your choice to do that. 

Fillers in drugs are an inert ingredient and doesn't make any difference to the performance of the drug.You know hospitals always use generic drugs as much as they can. We used to laugh all the time about all the various colors Ampicillin would come in. There must have been dozens of generic drug companies that made Ampicillin.

Honored Contributor

Well, it's easy to see that all the meanies are bored and here trying desparately to start a fight so I'm outta here.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it’s you. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

My meds are various sizes and colors. Plavix is pink, verapamil blue, Lipitor oval small white pill, metformin 500mg oval large white pill and lopressor tiny white circular pill. None of them are similar and are generic. Hmm...

@Trinity11  Same here although my scripts are not the same as yours. 

Different sizes, colors, and certainly we know what to take and when-e.g. my thryoid pill is as soon as I get up.

Pills are not usually taken at the same time, so I would think she would know which pill she dropped-simply put on her glasses and see which ones are still left for the day.

I think she's ticked that she dropped the pill but is blaming the manufacturer for making all the pills the same color and the same size, which I question anyway.

And why not put on your glasses to make sure you took the rigtht pill at the right time?  You don't have to be a medical professional to know this.

Hope you are feeling ok, btw.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

NO for multiple pills if (doubt) they ALL look the same.

Image result for pill containers

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Different sizes, colors, and certainly we know what to take and when-e.g. my thryoid pill is as soon as I get up.

Pills are not usually taken at the same time, so I would think she would know which pill she dropped-simply put on her glasses and see which ones are still left for the day.

I think she's ticked that she dropped the pill but is blaming the manufacturer for making all the pills the same color and the same size.

Yes, forgot my synthroid. Small pink pill oval in shape. Insulin pens even differentiate with color. Thanks for asking about my health. Doing much better and thank you.

@Cakers3, I was banned last month for 5 days for replying to her. I was told I was negative. So no more debating with her... 

Honored Contributor

YES if you take multiple pills at certain times and they all look (I doubt) the same.

Different varieties of this type but cheap enough on Amazon and at Wal-Mart; I would suspect CVS and Wahlgreens, too.

Related image

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I think she's ticked that she dropped the pill but is blaming the manufacturer for making all the pills the same color and the same size.

Yes, forgot my synthroid. Small pink pill oval in shape. Insulin pens even differentiate with color. Thanks for asking about my health. Doing much better and thank you.

@Cakers3, I was banned last month for 5 days for replying to her. I was told I was negative. So no more debating with her... 

@Trinity11  Banned?  Holy cannoli-negative is all in the perception. Giving suggestions and questioning a "story" isn't negative.

Some posters are victims; and some posters are realists.  I think you get who is who.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11  Banned?  Holy cannoli-negative is all in the perception. Giving suggestions and questioning a "story" isn't negative.

Some posters are victims; and some posters are realists.  I think you get who is who.

@Cakers3, yes banned. I wrote to the mods and never received a reply. Message was multipel (spelled incorrectly by the moderator) negative posts. I was replying to a thread on UTI's with incorrect information. Never again...