Honored Contributor

Re: Something I hate about generic meds

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@Mistic wrote:

My issue is similar.  I just get used to "what color is what" and then the pharmacy changes their supplier, and the color and shape of the generic changes.  UGH!

That is because the pharmacy chooses the cheapest generic each time they order. 

@winamac1

That is called free enterprise and it does not start with the retail pharmacy, as you know. Won't ever blame my local Pharmacist, but my Mail Order Pharmacy, which I am financially forced to use($$$$$)? Different completely and they are no better than BIG Pharma, in my opinion.

Now throw in the Insurance Industry!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Wow.  I can see that.  I believe they have numbers on them the numbers are so hard to see and you would have compare them to the pills in the bottle.  It's easier if you just stop dropping them.  I'm not being sarcastic.  I take a lot of pills and this is how I do it because if I drop a pill, I cannot get on my knees to recover it.   You say you have a weekly pill holder, that's good.  Get a glass of water, get your  pill holder.  Either sit on your bed or sit at your kitchen table and take your pills.  Keep the pill holder on a flat surface and sit.  That way, if you drop a pill,  it will be on the bed beside you or on the table in front of you.  

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

because of a medical problem, i was told to take a laxative daily....after a couple of days, i had no relief.....laxative has an orange coating on it....the same as the low dose aspirin i have in the medicine cabinet....yup....i was taking the aspirin instead of the laxative......i can tell you that a low dose aspirin does not have the same affect as a laxative!!!  lol....

Omg that is so funny.  

Respected Contributor

Every medication I take has a symbol and a number on each med.