Honored Contributor

Re: Some people are never satisfied !

There's always 1 wanting their "15 minutes of fame' ...I bet she already had complaints before she got there -- but why worth telling it here .

Heck there are worse stories out there & lots of frustrated people😮 Just SMH ...be happy you got it !!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not inclined to give her a pass or accept any excuses. She wanted the shot and got a shot. Everyone else had good things to say. My conclusion is she is a chronic complainer.

In a way, I can relate to something that happened when we got our taxes done. The process was well managed, but I saw and heard many disturbing things. However, the desired result was accomplished, so I only complained to a family member and didn't give details out here.

Honored Contributor

It might do her well to go to a country where a mother with a sick dying child has to walk 3 hrs. or more to the only hospital around. There are people out there who aren't grateful for what they do have.  Hopefully she will rethink what she said.   

Honored Contributor

Some people are never happy and she sounds like one of them. Did she think they should have rolled out the red carpet for her and offered coffee and donuts? Good grief, she should be so thankful for having gottten the shot.

Valued Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

It might do her well to go to a country where a mother with a sick dying child has to walk 3 hrs. or more to the only hospital around. There are people out there who aren't grateful for what they do have.  Hopefully she will rethink what she said.   

Or how about the 90 year old lady -- I think it was in Maine but not sure -- who walked 6 miles round trip to get her shot because she no longer drives and didn't have a way to get there. She went out the day before to see if she could do it, walked halfway there and came home realizing she could do it. The day of her appointment, she walked the 6 miles. 

When I am tempted to whine about something, I try to remember the good stuff surrounding whatever is bugging me. Think about the volunteers helping out there, or the scientists who worked so hard developing these seemingly magical vaccines. We can all complain. Sometimes it's just easier to complain than be happy, I guess.

Briggsie

Honored Contributor

If it really bothered her that much she could have turned around and left when she saw the dirty parking lot.  

When we went for our second dose the facility was waaay more crowded than when we were there for our first.

There was a woman right in front of us waiting for her first and she stated that if this is what it was going to be like, she didn't think she would be back for the second one.  If she felt that way about it, why didn't she leave once she saw how many people were there, making me think it was just all talk.

Honored Contributor

I'm not going to sit here and say I never complain, but I often think, someone always has it worse.... and that seems to stop me in my tracks.

Respected Contributor

She should have worn multiple mask and she wouldn't have smelled anything.

Trusted Contributor

And look what we do.  We harp on the ONE person who out of hundreds complained.  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Seems like we like the negative.  Reminds me of  news reporting.  We'll have ten crime stories and one feel good story.  What we hear about the world would make us all think everything is bad and going to Hades in a hand basket.  

Esteemed Contributor

My vaccines were in a convention center thirty miles away. I don't drive in the interstate. 
  When I had my first shot the place was full of people masked and supposedly social distancing. It took one hour just to get the shot then wait time. 
  When returning they routed me another way and it took me a half hour to find a road home. 
   Yesterday in the rain I returned on congested roads and after worrying for a month about it I was pleasantly surprised. I went straight through and had my vaccine with no crowds due to them e mailing people to come at their appointed time. 
   The police had changed the routing and I got home the easy way. 
    Sometimes things work out. Sometimes they don't. Maybe that woman had a bad day and assumed the whole place was dirty. I thanked the workers profusely.
   I came home and showered any cooties off and was glad it was over! AND glad they gave the vaccines.