Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some mentioned if anyone was interested in going on a diet...

@Tribesters

I found that the book provides really good direction and information, from a number of professionals.  The $11+ Journal is worth the purchase, if you're the type to want something really organized, keeping in mind that everyone must keep a record, regardless of which plan they're on. 

Before purchasing the book, I had read many reviews and saw the some people expected the book to be half recipes, which it isn't, so immediately checked out companion books.  I purchased a used Mayo Clinic Cookbook for $6, which was a big savings.  My overall impression of the recipes is that they're good; however, for most of the entres, one really needs cooking skills, that some may not have.

I've also reached out to online sites that have "eating lite" or "reduced calorie meals" or "400 calorie meals" and have found that many of these can be prepared by just about anyone.  Though I have lots of experience in the kitchen, I know that many don't, hence my statement about their cookbook above.

It is a sound food plan at 1200 calories per day and 400 calories per meal; or, if you're the kind of person who would rather nibble, then you could divide your consumption throughout the day holding to the 1200 calorie total.

Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Some mentioned if anyone was interested in going on a diet...

@sfnative

I ordered the journal but haven’t received it yet. I will be making soup tomorrow from a slow cooker book I got for my kindle. Lots of veggies chopped up today to snack on & a fridge full of fresh fruit & stuff for salads.