Honored Contributor

Some Positive Stormygirl123 News! 😀🎉❤️

[ Edited ]

After not hearing from her for awhile (and I'm always nervous when that happens), I've just had an email from stormygirl. 

She was devastated when the ketamine infusion didn't work and Univ VA notified her they didn't want to see her because...no point. How utterly awful to hear that.

She got a call today from a neurosurgeon's office at Univ VA. He is willing to take her on and look at her issues with a fresh, medical center eye. Her appt is 9/20. One reason she's encouraged is that if she becomes a patient there, they will assume all her care, and if "her" doctor is not available for any reason, other doctors are available to cover. In her current situation, if her lone local doctor is away, she's in a biiiig pickle. 

She still wants to go to CO in October, but obviously anything at all the doctor might want to try with her takes precedence. 

Just wanted to share the good news ASAP.  She has not been doing well at all as far as day-to-day coping, but this has been a big shot in the arm for her.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Re: Some Positive Stormy123 News! 😀🎉❤️

Oh wow, thanks for the update @Moonchilde .

Funny, I was just thinking about her today and wondering how she was doing. That woman is amazing, what with all the trials and tribulations she has been though.

Sending positive thoughts to @Stormygirl .

Honored Contributor

Re: Some Positive Stormygirl123 News! 😀🎉❤️

That is wonderful news and I hope this lifts her spirits.  Did you tell her that she is truly missed and we're all praying and sending well wishes her way?

Thanks for keeping us updated.  I hope she can join us soon.

Honored Contributor

Yay!!  I'm so happy to hear this doctor will take her case.  Praying for a Breakthrough!

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

That is wonderful news and I hope this lifts her spirits.  Did you tell her that she is truly missed and we're all praying and sending well wishes her way?

Thanks for keeping us updated.  I hope she can join us soon.

Yes, @Carmie, I tell her how much people are wishing her well every time I write to her.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us, @Moonchilde.

I'm so happy to hear this for stormy. I have been keeping her in my thoughts too, even if you don't see me posting here.

So many of us know what it's like to have multiple health issues happening all at once and it does wear us down, and to have a doctor tell you that they can't do any more for you must have been so devastating for her, but now she has another chance and I'm so glad for her! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde, thank you for sharing this wonderful news. I will pray for Stormygirl123, and please tell her she has a lot of people pulling for her. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde   !~!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!Woman Happy

Were you able to notify Bohemian Gal through Hope?

I came upon this by merely closing off, when I checked Wellness and saw your name.

Hope, (Bohemian's advocate) wanted to be briefed "IF" I, or any of us knew __anything__ of where or how Stormy was.

I should SAY.................this is some of the best news I have heard, as of late. Please let me know if you are in touch with Hope;  Bohemian Gal is expecting something wonderful for her, so this will be great for her morale.  She is, (now ) / > Boh. gal. down to I believe 86lbs.

Thank you so very much for sharing. I will let you be the 'one' that lets her know, if that is exactly how you wish to let her know. Stormy and B.G. were quite close as I understand. I had posted many times to each. 

T H A N K    Y O U,

NAES

Also for @dooBdoo      

(above information 1st posting)

Honored Contributor

I am really excited for Stormygirl....tell her that I am always praying for miracles and hope this just might be the start of one.Now I will have to ask everyone to pray hard too.I miss you Stormygirl and look forward to chatting with you on these boards again.

Honored Contributor

Hi @NAES1, and everyone,

I'm afraid I can't take on being a go-between as far as passing information to individual posters, or between individual posters, re stormy. I only am in contact with stormygirl and no one else. And I'm only going to post in Wellness.

I think you might imagine how time-consuming letting stormy know the names of every poster wishing her well by name, and what they say, would be - as well as stormy herself not being up to reading or writing at all most days. I do my best to make sure she feels all the love :-)

Anyone and everyone - if you know of posters who are asking about stormygirl in other areas of the forums, please feel free to update them or direct them to the thread(s) in the Wellness forum.

I will post when I hear news, as I know there are many who care deeply about stormygirl, but I must balance that with stormy's stamina, state of mind, and tolerance for reading, as well as very much not wanting to 'pester' her, however kindly meant by me or anyone else. We don't have frequent chats because she's not up to that, and I understand and respect that. I very much don't want to overload her with anything, even well-wishes.

So, this is how and where I'll post - if/when/as I hear from her, without pushing her and hopefully without stressing her. I hope everyone understands.

@dooBdoo