Honored Contributor

@demanda  don't be afraid to try the baby food ,meat. You can always use spices ,to make it taste better

You could mix ground chicken ,with mayo and make a sandwich use celery salt  and onion powder

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Soft food diet

[ Edited ]

@demanda  Can you just not chew or is the problem GI related?

Regular Contributor

Thanks Cherry.  I never would have thought of that.  Great tip!

Regular Contributor

@Zhills - I won't be able to chew.  Having multiple implants.  Guess I should have said that in the beginning!  The nurse said over and over to do myself a favor and only eat soft foods.  Now that I'm a bit more clear headed, when I go back I will ask more questions.  I really was in shock after they told me what was going on I think I just blacked out!  HAHA!

Honored Contributor

Get a crockpot. You can cook meats until they are soft enough to cut with a fork , yet still retain the flavor, and make nice sauces to go with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Maurachan Noodles

Honored Contributor

Re: Soft food diet

[ Edited ]

@demanda

Being very familiar with Bariatric follow up food choices, this appears to be what you may be discussing. Knowing that that type of food intake changes as a patient progresses, I am surprised, that whomever is doing whatever your surgery involves, has not provided you with all the information you should have, way prior to having the surgery performed.

Many here can offer "suggestions", but I suggest you do not view it as "Advice". Advice should come only from your Surgeon and his specific Staff Members. A person's physical condition plays a big roll in these types of decisions. Many people can have the exact same surgeries, but have different outcomes determined by their pre-surgery physical condition.

I could speculate with others here about what you might consider, but I prefer you, and/or others, get "Advice" from your doctor's Surgical Team, as opposed to me speculating.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Regular Contributor

@hckynut.  Thank you for the sage advice.  I am not having bariatric surgery.  I am having multiple implants placed in upper arch.  Your advice is sound and when I go for my visit before the procedure, I will ask many questions now that the shock has worn off!  Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

@demandawrote:

@hckynut.  Thank you for the sage advice.  I am not having bariatric surgery.  I am having multiple implants placed in upper arch.  Your advice is sound and when I go for my visit before the procedure, I will ask many questions now that the shock has worn off!  Thanks so much!

I am presently on a soft food diet, too, and will be for awhile.

Here's a treat I came up with, if you need a treat Smiley Happy.

Get cookies like oreo or shortbread, whatever will work.  Make a hot cup of tea, dunk and hold your cookie in it until you think it's soft, use your upper lip to more or less suck it off.  Dunking makes it soft, no chewing. Only suck off the soft part, not the hard part you held on to.  Redunk if you have a piece left.

BTW, a salmon fillet works wonderfully!

Honored Contributor

@demandawrote:

WOW @cherry!  Your list is super helpful.  Thank you also to others who made suggestions.  Very, very helpful.  I'll take these suggestions with me on my visit before the procedure.  They may give me a list then, but on my last visit they just said a soft diet, no nuts, absolutely positively no nuts!  Nothing crunchy.  I think I was in such shock when I was in there that I didn't think to ask anything.  Thank you all again.  Much appreciated!

I am in shock, too.  Maybe we can get through this together @demanda