Honored Contributor

Re: So my sister and I are trying to exorcise the rage demon

I never experienced any rage that is talked about here. Its bad enough with the weight gain I've accumulated that won't go away no matter what I do. Woman Sad

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@Laura14  I wish I had read your post 20 years ago because it explains my rage and anger then.  Years later I began taking Celexa for depression and I became calm and nice again, no more anger in me.   When I think of all the years I put my loved ones through He-- I am ashamed.

@Big Sister  You sound like my sister.  I'm lucky I live alone I guess so no one witnessed my serial killer moments.  I am honestly very grateful I just happened to see a segment on tv about it and remembered it years later.  For me and my sister who is suffering way more than I am.  

She watched the clip of the Dr. Oz show and her daughter asked if she was watching mommy's who yell at their kids like she does.  She said it was a punch in the gut.  I hope Celexa works just as well for her.  I may jump on board if I get any worse.  I'm so glad there is something to help us.    

And no shame!!  It's not our fault that our bodies change as we get older and take over our emotions like that.  I am a big believer in that we deal with our lives the best we can moment to moment.  Very few people intentionally set out to hurt others and, even then, mental illness is an illness. Forgive yourself and do better.  It's all any of us can ever do.  Heart   

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I never experienced any rage that is talked about here. Its bad enough with the weight gain I've accumulated that won't go away no matter what I do. Woman Sad

@ID2  That's next!  Although @SeaMaiden started the weight loss thread already yesterday.  I have upped my gym routine like a crazy person and I'm hoping I'll see results soon.  

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@Laura14   I meant to tell you Laura that you write well and you're funny, too.

@Big Sister  I meant to say thank you. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14,

It sounds like you may be suffering from premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)...just Google it.  Basically, your hormones are out of whack and your brain has low levels of serotonin.  It's a very severe, debilitating form of PMS.  One of the symptoms is intense anger and conflict with other people.  It's treated with antidepressants (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors).

Get thee to the doctor.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@River Song wrote:

@Laura14,

It sounds like you may be suffering from premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)...just Google it.  Basically, your hormones are out of whack and your brain has low levels of serotonin.  It's a very severe, debilitating form of PMS.  One of the symptoms is intense anger and conflict with other people.  It's treated with antidepressants (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors).

Get thee to the doctor.  Good luck!

@River Song  I have never heard of this!  Thank you!!!  Heart

A googling I shall go.....  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@jubilant  LOL!  Not at the girl but my sister and I are currently swapping memes on how to describe our rage.  She came out with a woman with a baseball bat and I countered with Jack Nicklaus' "Here's Johnny" moment.  She has now one upped with the spinning Exorcist head.  Smiley LOL

@Laura14

BTW-Cat Happy

Jack Nicklaus is a golfer, AKA "The Golden Bear"-

Image result for jack nicklaus

Jack Nicholson in The Shining-

Image result for jack nicholson here's johnny meme

Image result for jack nicholson the shining

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono  Thank you correcting me.  I currently work for a golf course operator and I post from work pretty much exclusively so I plead that but I'm glad you figured out what I meant.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I am a 100% New York Sicilian, so it is difficult to know what is my natural personality and what is related to hormonal rage.

When I was on low dose BCPs, these "human sacrifice" moments passed quickly.  When I went off them 2 years ago, not so much.

I moved to a Paleo (Primal Blueprint) diet in 2014 and that has helped a lot.

I also have found that the combination of Andrew Lessman's Ultimate Women's Wellness (2 per day), Positive Passage (3 per day) and B Complex (1-3 per day depending on how strong the "human sacrifice" urge is.

For me, the B12 helps with the lows and helps very quickly (like 30-60 minutes).  

My lows and angry at the world moments are fewer and farther between and also much more manageable.  Basically I can laugh at them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Thank you. 100% New Jersey one waving back across the border. Thank you for the suggestions. I have a horrible job at present so I am really struggling with how much is stress and how much is hormonal. I'm glad you found a solution.