Honored Contributor

Re: So much for the flu shot.....

@redhead65 wrote:

Here we go again. Every year when it is time for flu shots, these old comments appear.

I'm so tired of misinformed people and their incorrect comments.

The flu shot presented each year is only designed for a certain flu.

There are hundreds of strains, so if you get the shot and then get the flu it has nothing to do with the kind the shot was created for.

Also, the flu shots are a DEAD VIRUS..........DEAD...D..E..A...D!!!!!!

You CAN NOT  get the flu from the flu shot for the strain it is created for. But you get the shot in the fall/winter where colds, flues, and many respiratory infections abound anyway. And you work and deal with people who are sick, or carriers, and they don't use sanitary techniques to keep from sharing with others. So you get sick and say the flu shot made you sick....utterly ridiculous and ignorant .A DEAD VIRUS CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!  The annual flu shots are made of dead viruses.

I do not care what your story is, the above is truth even though many won't admit it.

Try to " get it" and stop saying you got the shot and broke out with the flu. You already had another type of flu in you when you got the shot. And it finally broke out.

@redhead65

Uh .....   You are making incorrect assumptions here.   I have had the flu months after I got a flu shot, but I never thought for one minute I got it from having the shot!   It happens.  No need to put words in anyone's mouth.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@redhead65 wrote:

Here we go again. Every year when it is time for flu shots, these old comments appear.

I'm so tired of misinformed people and their incorrect comments.

The flu shot presented each year is only designed for a certain flu.

There are hundreds of strains, so if you get the shot and then get the flu it has nothing to do with the kind the shot was created for.

Also, the flu shots are a DEAD VIRUS..........DEAD...D..E..A...D!!!!!!

You CAN NOT  get the flu from the flu shot for the strain it is created for. But you get the shot in the fall/winter where colds, flues, and many respiratory infections abound anyway. And you work and deal with people who are sick, or carriers, and they don't use sanitary techniques to keep from sharing with others. So you get sick and say the flu shot made you sick....utterly ridiculous and ignorant .A DEAD VIRUS CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!  The annual flu shots are made of dead viruses.

I do not care what your story is, the above is truth even though many won't admit it.

Try to " get it" and stop saying you got the shot and broke out with the flu. You already had another type of flu in you when you got the shot. And it finally broke out.

@redhead65

Uh .....   You are making incorrect assumptions here.   I have had the flu months after I got a flu shot, but I never thought for one minute I got it from having the shot!   It happens.  No need to put words in anyone's mouth.

Sorry, but I am not assuming anything. Every year an incredible amount of people will make these comments. They even come into the doctor's office or hospital stating they are sick from the flu they received from the shot. They swear they break out shortly after getting it. Actually, some strain of flu had to already be in their system.

You should here the stories I've heard every year since flu shots were first given.

Obviously your flu was from something else at a later date. I'm discussing those that state they get the shot, go home and get the flu FROM THE SHOT. Impossible.

Super Contributor

My sister in Indiana has gotten the flu shot faithfully for many many years, but for some reason, she didn't get it this year. Talked to her last week and she was very sick and was the first one in their county to test positive for whatever strain of flu that the shot was suppose to cover. Needless to say, she said she will never go without the shot again.

She is finally on the mend and able to go back to work. She NEVER misses work so for her to call in is incredible. I'm just glad she is better.

As someone stated, the flu shot only covers the one strain they think will be the most dominant one.

Vicki