Regular Contributor

Re: So how long does this flu hang on?

I hope everyone get well soon !!! I have to work next week !! Part-time no sick days. I feel better, but get tired even when not sick with flu because of neurocardio syncope. So, I hope every has a quick recovery !!!!Kiss

Occasional Contributor

I have had it since 12/28. Fever lasted until Friday, but by Friday night had to go to the ER because of the coughing. Felt like I couldn't breathe. Bronchitis but no pneumonia. Had to have a breathing treatment (not asthmatic). Got sent home with antibiotics, an inhaler and a cough medicine with Vicodin in it. I have missed a week of work but still feel very unsteady.
Super Contributor

I had my family in for the holidays, they all came sick and on antibiotics!!! The day I took them to the airport is when my symptoms started and I have been sick ever since!!!! Yikes! Fever, chills and the non productive dry cough is terrible!!!!its been about 5 days for me so I guess I have a few more days to go ! I got the flu shot too, but this flu is not being cover this year unfortunately
Contributor

I had the intestinal type of flu end of November, with severe throwing up, and uncontrollable "runs", chills, fever and stomach pain and fatigue. Then, on Wednesday, December 31st,,,came down with bad chills, nausea, uncontrollable "runs" and aches and fatigue. What the heck???? Doctor said it's a flu (one of three types in our area). I never got the lung issues or coughing....all intestinal. We didn't get to do our Thanksgiving dinner nor New Years celebrating...argh! In OH the flu is now in epidemic status. I couldn't get the flu shot due to other issues I have. I hope I don't get it again. (Husband is starting the coughing and not feeling well....) ugh!

Contributor

One of my co-workers came in with a full-blown case of the flu on Friday!! I stayed in my office all day with the door shut and sure do hope that I don't bring it home with me.

Super Contributor

On 1/4/2015 BluebellePA said:

One of my co-workers came in with a full-blown case of the flu on Friday!! I stayed in my office all day with the door shut and sure do hope that I don't bring it home with me.

I hate when people do that. If you have the flu STAY HOME!

Super Contributor

There are people who always say there are horrible chemicals in the flu shots. I can only say this- I did not take the flu shots until about 4 years ago. In the years I have taken them, I have NOT gotten the flu. I now am a believer. Staying out of crowds helps, and washing your hands frequently, does, too. Use Lysol spray around your home.

The flu is miserable----my wishes to those who have it, are to get well, quick. Try not to spread it to others -like dragging yourself to work, with a fever! Chicken noodle soup and Ginger Ale are very comforting, as well as a fluffy robe, fluffy slippers, and someone you love to spoil you, a little.

The flu lasts about a week. Normally, it runs it's course, but anyone running a high fever needs to go to the doctor, and get antibiotics or Tamiflu. There is also some type of stomach virus going on right now-----we all know how miserable THAT can be!

Trusted Contributor

Apparently you need to take Tamiflu within the first 72 hours for it to be effective so hurry.

Trusted Contributor

A friend of mine has been sick with it since before Christmas. She is 62 and otherwise healthy.