Respected Contributor

Re: So Much to Remember

[ Edited ]

@Mistic  You are right, you are not alone. we are not alone. all of  with anxiety and even people that usually dont have anxiety,  have it during this time! I have been on paxil for a couple of years for anxiety and depression. if i had not been i would be very anxious and stressed out!!  I get nervous when i watch alot of the news! that is what you have to do, just take one day at a time and not overthink. change our negative and scary thoughts to positive and focus on the good not the bad in our minds. exercise relieves anxiety and stress, i have been using alot of youtube exercise vids and there is alot of anxiety vids there too that are so helpful! one is called anxietyguy and dare ( just look up dare anxiety) Many helpful things!!!

HeartCat Happy

Respected Contributor

so much to try to remember to do and things you should do and need to do  is overwhelming at times.

from wearing some gloves in public. maybe a mask. dis infect anything you bring in. put the mail on the floor for a day or two. dont touch your face. clean your shoes when you come home or take them off. wash your face. change clothes. keep boxes you rec out in the garage or away from you for a day or two. clean what you take out of any thing you ordered.  dont go see anyone or let anyone in your home. keep your distance. dont hug friends you see out and around. when will this end?!

Respected Contributor

This is more of what i saw on a news channel!

IF you take a purse wipe it all off when home. It is best to leave your purse and phone at home or in a bag hidden in your vehicle. The less you take in any place is best!

Like put your sanitizer, credit card, list in a pocket.

I always do wipe my purse off any time and not just now!

Honored Contributor

2@FlowerBear wrote:

@on the bay  When i get done dis infecting all and 2changing clothes and more i need a nap lol.

@FlowerBear `

Me too!😴 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay   Its alot of work and seems crazy ! Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: So Much To Remember to do and need to!

WV is up to 217 cases; none near me.   I follow the same thing I’ve done for years during active flu season; use peroxide on my toothbrush every day, swish my mouth with peroxide, put Bacitracin around my nostrils when I have to go out, restrict my outings, and clean my hands with wet ones wipes after grocery shopping or getting gas.   

Valued Contributor

Remember, stores cannot sell returned food products.  They must be discarded.  I once checked out of the store and when loading the car noticed I had grabbed the wrong box of kcups.  Ran back in to exchange and they took it back and immediately tossed in the trash.  I felt so guilty!

Trusted Contributor

@Mistic, I am on the same meds for the same reasons and I too feel overwhelmed sometimes. DH tries to reassure me that I'm safe at home, nothing will happen to me, but my biggest fear is actually for DH and my mother, both in very high risk categories. My BFF posted something related to the virus last night and I really freaked out! I couldn't help that reaction and of course she felt terrible. don't think there is really much that folks like us, sometimes struggling even in the best of times, can do. As you said, one day at a time and yes, it's sooo hard to focus on that! I really like being able to "open up" and feel supported on these boards. We are not alone in our struggles, we have each other and I thank all my fellow posters for being there. 😊
Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear, I think that's one of the scariest things about the way we have to live now. There is no end in sight and nothing positive to focus on. Things are changing so fast and not in good ways! I wish us all strength and peace moving forward.🙏
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

It took me so long after I got home from the store a few days ago.

I washed or lysoled everything, I mean jars, undid cardboard and outside containers-threw those out, even threw the plastic egg carton out and put eggs in a bowl. threw clothes in the hot wash with detergent and vinegar and took a hot shower.

So tired! I don't want to go to the store for a long time.

And it was scary.

Some people looked as scared and waited for each to pass, others not so much.

I always hated grocery shopping and always joked to myself that I needed a butler to unload the groceries now that I'd done all the work of getting it all.

Now I hate it even more but so glad I got it all done!

@on the bay Yep.  That's what we do only it's after a pickup order.  We don't go in stores.  But we wash down all the groceries and after doing that and handling all that stuff, we leave our clothes in the garage and wash them the next day.  

And we shower.  We only have to do this about every 2 weeks, so it's not too bad.  It's better than taking chances.