Honored Contributor

Re: So How WasYour Health This Past Winter Season?

Thank goodness, my husband and I had another healthy year.  We never have had the flu in our lives and never had a flu shot or any other immunizations since we were children.

We eat well and try to stay healthy.  Now, if only I hadn't scrubbed my large kitchen floor on my knees.....I have a bad case of the "kneesles" on my left leg which is making me feel miserable.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie

Growing up one of my jobs was to scrub the kitchen and pantry floors on my knees.  At 71, I can no longer even kneel to pick up something.

I love the Haan steamer:  all types of flooring get super clean, sanitized to boot, in one pull of the handle.  It keeps the knees and back very healthy.  ( It dries in seconds. )

Please be kinder to your knees!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

No shots and no sickness. Not a sniffle or cough all season. That is normal for me. I have a healthy lifestyle & that probably helps. I also avoid being around sick people when possible. lol

Honored Contributor

I did get a flu shot and was healthy, in spite of being around a lot of people who did get the flu (all unvaccinated)

Some of them were out of commission for almost a month.  

Trusted Contributor

No colds or flu this past winter.  My husband caught some sort of upper respiratory thing, while he was out of town for work.  But, thankfully, I didn't catch it.

In general, though, winters are tough on me anyway.  I have Hashimoto's Disease ( autoimmune thyroid disease) and my symptoms run amok in the winter.  I have a lot of body pain, sleep most of the time, and gain a lot of weight.  Now that Spring is here, and my thyroid meds were again increased, I'm feeling better.  Much more motivated, and have lost a few pounds.  But, it's like a marathon because I know I only have until late fall or early winter and then it starts all over again.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

I was fine, but DH got two viruses working on computers in dentist offices.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I was fine, but DH got two viruses working on computers in dentist offices.

One of my secrets to good health is that I never go anywhere or do anything.  When I grocery shop, I go early in the morning, use alcohol cleaner as soon as I get to the car and wash my hands thoroughly before and after I put them away.

I hate to even spend 5 minutes waiting in a medical office.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We both were well. Got flu shots, but being retired, we stayed in a lot.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Glad you stayed well!

DH & I were not well at all this winter.  And our families were all sick, too.

This year has not been kind to any of us at all.  

We both continue to battle ongoing illnesses and problems and we pray that we just can maintain and move forward as best we can.

Best wishes to all and we hope for better health for everyone who has problems!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Another advantage of retirement...no sickness that you bring home and infect everyone else. We got our flu shots, as usual, and have been very healthy the entire winter. Watch....now I'll catch a cold.. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"