Honored Contributor

So How WasYour Health This Past Winter Season?

With all the news out there   telling us the deadly flu is going to attack, and to get flu shots, how did you fair?  

Thankgoodness I never even got the sniffles.  Neither my husband or myself got even a cold.  We do take care of ourselves, good diet, walk daily and take  supplements.  Now In our 60's,  it is even more important to take good care of our physical self.

Honored Contributor

Re: So How WasYour Health This Past Winter Season?

No colds or flu. Got a flu shot in October.  I was extra cautious having finished cancer treatments in November.  I didn't go near anyone sick and washed my hands a lot.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

No colds or flu. Got a flu shot in October.  I was extra cautious having finished cancer treatments in November.  I didn't go near anyone sick and washed my hands a lot.

Hope you continue to feel good and stay strong!

Honored Contributor

I had the worst bout of laryngitis I've had since I left teaching, but no flu.  Do I know why?  No, but I'm happy to have avoided at least that, and if it was the shot that protected me, so be it.

Also, flu season may not be over.  Just yesterday a friend called to cancel dinner arrangements because she had flu symptoms - pain and fever - for several days. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy good health. eat well, take no medications, exercise a bit, sleep 9 hours/night, have never had a flu shot, wash my hands frequently, draw & paint, write a blog, and enjoy my life, family/friends.  What could be better? Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I was healthy this past winter, but the year before I had pneumonia (1st time ever), followed by bronchitis.  Head symptoms (ears, nose and throat) CONTINUE 18 months later.  They're not as severe, but very pesty.  I've been to my PCP, ENT and an allergist.  I seem to be allergic to the common things... certain trees, dust mites and DOG.  See my avatar?  She's like our baby and there's NO getting rid of her!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

Got my flu shot as I always do, and had no flu or colds.  Even springtime allergies were not as bad as usual.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Winter has always been good, health wise for me. It's the summer and fall where I have spent my many weeks in the hospitals. 

Would list them but most here already have seen them before. When Hockey seasons end, seems like my health ends with it.

Did spend 5 days in the hospital in November, but otherwise nothing that concerns me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Just choking from the SMOG in Phoenix...............two massive hay fires burning on the outskirts of town, and one "municipal" trash fire burning.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

My family (5 of us) has never gotten a flu shot and we rarely are sick. Rarely miss school or work.  I am thankful for that.