Valued Contributor

I have finally found something that is really helping ‘digestive issues’ I have had for the past 4 years.  

I saw a video done by a chiropractor who is a YouTube by the name of Motivational Doc.  He suggested Slippery Elm as a supplement that can help IBS, GERD, heartburn and other digestive ailments.  The video was very helpful and addresses dosage, where to purchase (the doctor is NOT pushing any brand or line, but gives suggestions where to find it.  I bought mine at a local health food store).

(as a side note, I had tried a prescription medication prescribed by my doctor as well as having a colonoscopy done two years ago.  Tests were all normal, and the medication did not help.  I had also tried several homeopathic remedies as well as dietary changes i.e. restricting sugar and gluten)

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

Is it supposed to help more with C or D or just promote "regularity?"

Trusted Contributor

I drink Throat Coat tea when having a flare up and also chew one or two of these every night before bed:

Thayers Lozenges, Slippery Elm, Original (42 each) - Instacart

Respected Contributor

@Swedishmiss thanks for posting. I've forgotten about

slippery elm, I am buying some today.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

it helps with the symptoms of gastritis, heartburn, IBS and other digestive problems.  I am not sure if it promotes regularity or not.  HTH

Trusted Contributor

Re: Slippery Elm . . .

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

@lolakimono  My cousin, who is very nutritionally minded, recommended this.  She recommended the powdered version (which you mix in a glass of warm water) since it’s better priced. She told me she had been on a round of antibiotics which caused terrible diarrhea for her. In addition to probiotics, she went on this and it quickly corrected her problem. 

Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss 

@Teddie 

It sounds like it functions in a similar manner to marshmallow root extract.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Swedishmiss 

@Teddie 

It sounds like it functions in a similar manner to marshmallow root extract.

I’m not fully knowledgeable about marshmallow root extract but I love remedies like these.